"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
Senior Cook

We too are are expecting our first.. It could be any day now... It's looking like it will NOT be a tax deduction though.. :)

I'm not a huge fan of this waiting game!

-Brad

Old 01-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
At this point I don't think she has any energy...or even before this..I know I wouldn't.
Marge

so true,but you learn to adapt... my older 3 are teens and I have 1 21 month old and the new baby, so I can say goodbye to sleep for awhile

Old 01-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #13
Master Chef

Congratulations, Kimbaby,

May your labor be soon and very short-----as my wonderful MIL used to say God doesn't give you any more than you can handle. Keep us posted!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #14
Executive Chef

wow, Bless You, and good luck. My 39 year old neice is expecting their first child in early Feb and so far, everything looks good.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Kimbaby I know how you feel. For some unknown reason, all my children were born near the November/December holidays. All the result of fertility drugs, so there was no planning involved. Just chance. By the time they were born, I was worn out. However, just holding and loving a healthy child was the perfect pay-off. You've been there before so you know you'll have to "steal" a few minutes of rest for yourself wherever you can find it. I nursed all of mine, which gave me some quiet rest time when I fed them. Especially in the wee hours of the morning. I loved the selfish quiet, snuggling when I put the baby in bed with me for that feeding. I can almost feel that wonderful feeling again. It was so sweet.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
Master Chef

Thanks for the update, Kim! I was just thinking the other day that your due date must be close. I hope all goes well in the next 6 weeks and thta you can get a little bit comfortable so you can relax a bit!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Oh my Good luck. If you stick to your schedule, I'll be celebrating Mardi Gras in New Orleans when you give birth. I'll drink a toast to all of you!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Kimbaby - God Bless You for several reasons - five pregnancies - five boys - and still being sane. You will go straight to heaven - on a red carpet I might add. It will seem like forever, but before you know it Elijah will be here and feeling uncomfortable will be a thing of the past. Then you can try for a girl !
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

Cool 3rd boy

I am due March 8th (well he is going to be delievered March 2nd) with my 3rd son. I have Jared Robert who is 7, Adam David who is 3 1/2 and this one will be Ryan James. I'm only 27, glad I'm having them young-they take ALOT of energy that's for sure. I couldn't imagine 5!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E
Kimbaby I know how you feel. For some unknown reason, all my children were born near the November/December holidays. All the result of fertility drugs, so there was no planning involved. Just chance. By the time they were born, I was worn out. However, just holding and loving a healthy child was the perfect pay-off. You've been there before so you know you'll have to "steal" a few minutes of rest for yourself wherever you can find it. I nursed all of mine, which gave me some quiet rest time when I fed them. Especially in the wee hours of the morning. I loved the selfish quiet, snuggling when I put the baby in bed with me for that feeding. I can almost feel that wonderful feeling again. It was so sweet.
I actually had a tubal reversalon 2-12-04 and was immediately Blessed with baby Leo who is now 21 months... and Now I am expecting Elijah soon...
my older 3 I will make mention of, Dustun is 16,Michael is 15 and Jared is 12 :)