My lunch was stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Idea Alix and Jkath 3 To Beam Up ...........Energize !

One thought before we leave GB what in the world would you do without Discuss Cooking ?:ohmy:

Attachments

• _03.jpeg
    _03.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 104
Proof

GB, before I read all the solutions, my thoughts are confirmed. The less I have to do with the people the better off I am. Stealing is only one thing people do because they can. Who cares? Only the person who they stole from. We have two cars stolen out of our own driveway since we lived here. Last weekend they tried to steal again. It is a devastating process to go through. One car, my brother found on the OTHER side of town with flat tire. The police weren't impressed like we were. Stealing lunches is really hitting the bottom. Someone in authority should do something about it. But they won't. Why? Because they have probably reserved parking space and go out to lunch. Why should they feel any loss when only the employees are having the problem. People have forgotten about integrity. Everyone tells me the justice is for the criminal. They get by continuing doing it over and over. Working at home was perfect. No one stole your lunch there. Being on edge like this is not funny. Makes you suspect everyone. Takes the charity of your heart. I may sound bitter and I am. It starts to feel like you are drowning when others don't have the same values you do. Buy a lunchbox with combination lock on it. You have to go to extremes when you live in this world. Your lunch really sounded good!

The only solace to the problem of thieves, or any other pin-heads, is to maintain your integrity and honor. When I was in the Navy, a shipmate stole my lunch. He readily admited that he was the thief and challenged me about it. He was a bully, and at the age that this happened, I was not a fighter or good with confrontational violence. I did nothing. The good thing was that many other people saw what happened and the guy lost freinds. He shot himself in the foot, so to speak.

Last Friday, I entered a desert in the company picknic. It didn't win anything. I was fine with that. It was a fairly complex desert that I created and had never made before. Three days later, at the end of the work day, my boss crowed to everyone that he didn't see my name in the winner's list, and made a bunch of noise and was all smiles while rubbing it in. He went so far as to say that he should enter something in the next cooking contest so that he could beat me. The man doesn't cook, and everyone knows it. Last night, I made the same desert, improved it a bit, and was set to bring it in to work and challenge him to make something better, from scratch, and not from a recipe, to put up or shut up. This morning, my senses returned and I knew that if I did what I had planned, I would be at his level of imaturity. I would be allowing him to lessen my personal stature. Instead, I just brought in the desert, with a few missing pieces reserved for my own family, and shared it with everyone as a treat. I felt much better about myself and knew that I had kept my honor and integrity intact, which is far more important to personal happiness than is revenge.

That's all we see on todays TV shows and movies. Everybody is out for revenge whenever wronged. No one takes the high road. Our society is becoming more predatory, more base, and more egocentric, and in large part, because we are taught by the media that it is the right way to be.

Personally, I refuse give in to the animal nature, and instead, rely on intelligence and spirtuality. That's what seperates us as a species from the animals. It's not that we have dexterous hands, or that we can make a wheel, or design computers. What makes us human is that we can put the needs of others before our own, that we can rise above simple survival and enrich the lives of others.

Current society seems bent on driving in to our heads that self is all important, and that getting it all, no matter what you have to do to get it, is a sought-after attribute. I say that the "reality" shows, like survivor, and the shows about revenge, and about taking the law into one's own hands are destructive to society. And any force, be it political, economic, societal, religeous, individual, or institutional, including the sale of products, that weaken family strength is irresponsible, dangerous, and unacceptable, be it Disney, the President of the U.S., the boss, or whatever.

I too am sick and tired of dealing with so many people with poor standards, and who won't take responsibilty for their own actions, let alone instill accountability in their children.

We wonder what's gone wrong with our home-land, be it England, the U.S., Canada, Russia, or any other land. It's right in front of us. We've lost, as societies, the sense that the good of the many outweighs the good of self. We are too worried about what we want, at the expense of everything else.

We live in a world of competition rather than cooperation.

"I'll steal your sandwich because I can and I don't give a hoot about you." is becoming more prevalent all the time.

I'll choose the high road, even when it hurts to do so. That's how I beat the bullies, by keeping my own integrity and values intact.

Lest I seem to be in love with myself, know that I am not. I know too well my own weaknesses, and some that have prevailed in my life in spite of my best efforts. I will continue to have faults, and make mistakes as long as I live. But stealing, and stepping on others are not a part of me.

I will stand as an example of correct principles as far as my strength and knowledge will allow. I invite everyone who reads this to do the same. I will continue to be laughed at by the bullies and hecklers, knowing that they are the true loosers in life. And I hope that by my example, they may some day wake up and grow into human adults rather than the base creatures they choose to be.

One more thing, do not be cynical as it just depresses the spirit. Rather, be a realist, knowing and recognizing the evils of the world, but striving to make sure you are not one of them. Take the high road, and with a smile. Spread genuine warmth, humor, and care among your fellow workers. Base people can only make life miserable if you let them affect your attitude. I almost let someone affect mine. It would have been the easier road. But I wouldn't have grown as a man. I would have lessened myself.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Goodweed of the North said:
The only solace to the problem of thieves, or any other pin-heads, is to maintain your integrity and honor.

We live in a world of competition rather than cooperation.

That's how I beat the bullies, by keeping my own integrity and values intact.

I will stand as an example of correct principles as far as my strength and knowledge will allow. I invite everyone who reads this to do the same. I will continue to be laughed at by the bullies and hecklers, knowing that they are the true loosers in life. And I hope that by my example, they may some day wake up and grow into human adults rather than the base creatures they choose to be.

One more thing, do not be cynical as it just depresses the spirit. Rather, be a realist, knowing and recognizing the evils of the world, but striving to make sure you are not one of them. Take the high road, and with a smile. Spread genuine warmth, humor, and care among your fellow workers. Base people can only make life miserable if you let them affect your attitude. I almost let someone affect mine. It would have been the easier road. But I wouldn't have grown as a man. I would have lessened myself.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you for your post. I needed that. Not to regain my personal integrity, but to know that there are people out there fighting and winning!!

Well done.

Pam

Pam

Thank you for your post. I needed that. Not to regain my personal integrity, but to know that there are people out there fighting and winning!!

Well done.

I agree. Not easy thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom