Nasty Bits - A. Bourdain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
For those of you who received the free book, do you notice something different? Hey for the 'price' it doesn't bother me at all. :LOL:

I think somebody's head rolled when these books were printed out. I've read 13 pages and have found 2 spelling errors. On page 10, the word 'meat' is spelled met and on pg 13 'ballooning' is spelled balooning. Since I'm not a chef, I don't know if the professional terms are spelled correctly.

Now I want to go to the bookstore and see if they are all like this or if we got the 2nds. Makes me wonder if MSN is affiliated with the publishing house in some way.

Shoot, I'd be tickled to get books like this for free anyday. :LOL:

I haven't read my copy yet (just got it last week) but this wouldn't suprise me - maybe a large number of books were printed with errors and the giveaway was an easy way to get more PR and get rid of the books.

Yes, Toots, I have very warm feelings towards MSN right now! :LOL:

Half Baked - really. You got a $24.95 hardcover book for free. And you're picking out spelling/editing errors??? Glad I don't live with you! :LOL:

I'm halfway through my free copy & enjoying it immensely. As to whether or not it's a "second", who can tell?? Heck, I've purchased many, MANY books at full price that have had spelling/editing errors.

So long as whole pages aren't missing or there aren't recipes missing ingredients or misprinted - who cares? I'm sure you understood the meaning of the misspelled words, right?

You'd think an editor would notice such things, but I've only got one more chapter to go to finish and haven't noticed any typos, HB. I'll go back and check those pages just for the heckuvit, though.

Once got another book from the book club that was rife with typos. I called and complained and got another copy that was fine.

well piddle - my daughter got one, Jan got one and looks like a lot of you did - I can't imagine what list I'm NOT on, to miss out on this!!!

Last edited:
I finished reading it about a week ago and was really quite bored. Bourdain is SO low key and SO laid back that the book almost put me to sleep. If there's anything i can't stand it's a wishy-washy writer.

I really wish the guy would get a little more energy!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom