Okay, everyone, ''Yeah, Goodwill."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry but that is not true. It's false information from an email hoax that has been going around the Internet for years. They provide "job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges." Undoubtedly, at least some of those people are poor.

FACT CHECK: Executive Salaries in Charities

Scroll down to see its IRS classification and other information: https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.profile&ein=530196517

I stand corrected. And I usually don't fall for these things.

Sorry.

I have really good thrift runs every once in a while. One day I found a Kitchenaid blender that looked like new for $6 at my favorite place Cause for Paws, there is the bonus of having kitties there that are up for adoption!

I don't donate to Goodwill because we have a local charitable organization that is run by an area hospital. I donate and shop there. The money from their sales goes to aid the needy. All the staff at this place volunteer. Bags and boxes to put customers' purchases in are donated, too. The prices are unbelievable and stuff MOVES. They open at 11 a.m. and there's always a long line waiting for the doors to open. It is a great resource for the community.

In our region there are 4 Goodwill stores, all amazing. One of them is huge and is almost like shopping at Macy's. They have a "pen" of stuffed animals that is immense...all at 10 cents each, regardless of size. I bought a Build-a-Bear puppy there a couple of months ago. Yep, 10 cents.

The only Salvation Army store around here is a poor excuse for a thrift store. The merchandise is usually shabby and most definitely way overpriced. I rarely go there.

We also have a plethora of individually-owned thrift and consignment stores here, too. The variety of items sold at these places is varied and, generally, quite reasonably-priced.

If I was a bargain "junkie" I would be on a high daily. Good pickins here.

Those hospital thrift shops are the best, Katie! We don't have any around here, nor do I remember them being near us in OH, but I've been in some both in Bloomington/Normal, IL and Williamsburg, VA, and have found wonderful deals.

Back
Top Bottom