"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #181
Executive Chef

Grrrrrr. Can I blow my top with self censored profanity? The past couple days have been a real test.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #182
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DampCharcoal
Grrrrrr. Can I blow my top with self censored profanity? The past couple days have been a real test.
hahahha! I owe ya one bud... "what a #%&& day! That jack#^^ cut me off on the#$%^ freeway on the way to &$%# work!!! Then, get this, THEN, my dumb*&#$ coworker, showed up about 8 %$^#:49 A %#^ M!!!! Don't ^#$#$#% get me started on the $^##$ %^^#^ Christmas shoppers!!!! BAH $%#$^# HUMBUG!!!!!"

Old 12-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #183
Executive Chef

Yep, you pretty much nailed it Shannon! All I can add is that the f*#&@ idiots that get in my f*!)*@ way should all burn in h@&*. Stupid b*$*!^!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #184
Executive Chef

&%$#$#$ Right!
Old 12-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #185
Sous Chef

I know I am not allowed to say naughty words in this forum, but I am really tempted.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. (breath in)Well, I am supposed to teach these adult students at a christian centre(they are from all denominations and from all over the world and are just finishing their course with an African cultural night)how to cook chapatis and beef samosas. Thing is for the samosas as tomorrow is a really busy day for me(my kids school carol service in the afternoon and the african cultural night in the evening) I really have to cook the samosa filling tonight. I normally cook chicken samosa for the family,my kids don't like beef samos(slang) and I keep tasting this beef samosa filling and something is missing, it just doesn't taste like I know it to taste.Something needs to be added to it and I am not sure what. My hubby is not home from work and he will be going out on a dad's night with other dads from my daughter's class.He usually tastes it and says what he thinks it is that needs to be added because he knows how I prepare the stuff.I also need to make maandazis for the after carol service do tomorrow, and dinner.I feel like going on some more, but I better not.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 PM   #186
Everymom

Whoa...Shannon and Damp...time to stop driving. Get away from the madness! I completely relate, I live 5 minutes from the largest Mall in the world (no it isn't Mall of America although they would like you to think that.) and let me tell you the traffic there around Christmas is downright horrifying. We have to go past it to take our kids to their dance lessons and starting in about November we need to plan an extra 5 minutes at least just to get around all the stupidity there. OK you two, breathe, and pour a glass of wine/beer and put your feet up. Breathe.

sizzles, life sure does get crazy about now. I wish I could help and come taste your filling for you (sounds yummy!) but the best I can do is suggest you maybe look for a recipe on here. Maybe that would spark something for you and you would realize what was missing. In any case, hang in there, the crazy time is nearly done. And feel free to vent as long as you like, thats what this thread is for. We all need to do that from time to time.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:17 PM   #187
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Ooooh, poor thing... just do what you can, if something is beyond your control and can not be done, well, let it go... There is a limit to what one person can handle!! that is Cris's philosophy, who is constantly swamped with 100 things that need to be done sooner than yesterday.
Try not to stress yourself out that is the last thing you want these days!!

Well, as for samosas there seem to be lots and lots of recipes out in the internet, I am not sure which, or if any of them are authentic and truly good, so I let you give it a look for yourself... I hope it will help!!

Google search result for Kenyan samosa

Good luck and I hope you will find some peace, and tomorrow will be a great day for you!!
Old 12-15-2005, 01:11 PM   #188
Executive Chef

Sorry, folks! I went a bit off the deep end during the Christmas Shopping Gauntlet of Death. I should have known better than to spew obscenities. If it makes any difference, I'm in a MUCH better mood now!
Old 12-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #189
Sous Chef

Got It!

Wow, After posting my 'venting' went and tasted the filling, it just needed more lemon!, That's all.Seems like sometimes one has to disassociate with the food for a few minutes to get it right it it doesn't taste right(this is one spicy mother*^&%)I wish you were all my guests tonight. We could have them as starters!Someone who knows herself would get us all margaritas.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #190
Chef Extraordinaire

I have spent most of the afternoon trading emails with a co-worker on who is in charge of approvals on this project we are both working on.

Apparently my role now includes oversight of what she is doing (my role, in addition to editing about a dozen technical reports, includes serving as the liaison between the graphics artist and the technical team, and now the person in charge of putting stuff on the project website).

We have a rogue colleague who issues instructions to the production people (me, this co-worker, and others) without informing the project manager/deputy project manager of what she is doing, usually with erroneous results. Said rogue is taking tomorrow off - everyone is working from home today because of the weather - so will not be around when I try to get everyone involved in a meeting tomorrow to find out for sure who does what, who approves what, yada yada. And oh, yes - we are on an accelerated schedule for completing this work.

I have done nothing I plannned to do this afternoon (turning Structural EngineerSpeak into English). I have, however, managed to wash and dry a load of clothes and get the tourtiere ready for baking later in between emails.