Ouch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niquejim

Senior Cook
Caught my foot on the hose attached to my immersion chiller which was in my beer brewing pot...result...2nd degree burns covering both feet and 5 gallons of Belgian Strong Golden Ale poured out on the ground

Oh no! That sounds really, really bad on several counts!

Hope your feet feel better soon, and great sadness on the loss of your beer.

Did you get to the ER?

Last edited:
That's just awful, on both counts.

Maybe while you're recuperating, you can put those feet up and watch your burrowing owls while our weather is so nice down here.

I can't imagine burns on my feet, probably a good thing.

So sorry this happened! Take care of your self.

The blisters are almost 1" high now , but surprisingly don't really hurt. I will never brew beer while wearing sandals again:ermm:

The weather is great this time of year isn't it

Last edited:
niquejim said:
The blisters are almost 1" high now , but surprisingly don't really hurt. I will never brew beer while wearing sandals again:ermm:

I would suspect you can't wear sandals, or anything else on your feet, now!

Hope you heal fast!

Oh Jim....I feel so bad for you. I know how painful this can be I had an incident with hot oil when I was a young teen my blisters which looked much like yours were on my hands, underside of my wrists and my waistline. My heart goes out to you. Please take care :)

niquejim said:
Out of work for probably 5-6 weeks

Don't open the photo if you don't want to see what hot liquids can do to your skin

burnt foot | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Oh no!!! That looks just awful, Jim!

Speedy recovery! Lots of painkillers!

Oh, that looks so painful. All the best to you!

Last edited:
Ouch isn't a big enough word for how painful that looks. Sorry you're out of action for awhile. Good luck and get well soon!

It's so nice to be able to wear shoes again. The doctor was amazed how fast I'm healing and said I should be back to work next week:)

good job, niquejim!! two weeks and you're putting shoes on your feet already--great healing action!! wonderful, resilient you, niquejim--way to go....:)

Back
Top Bottom