Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well done Rock!!! Hero indeed! What a sweetheart!

She will never be as big as the others named Bailey... the most common name for Irish Wolfhounds... as that is their colour! Too funny!
Bailey's Irish Cream!

I have three cats: Siamese, tortoise, and Savannah. I also have a Vizsla.

I want to get way more cats. I just lost one of my Siamese to cancer so the others are lonely.

I am not really a dog person. My wife is, though, so we got the Vizsla, which I use for hunting. I am looking at getting a German Shepherd or a Doberman Pinscher someday because I love both of these breeds.

GF turned 50 last week. I had been racking my brains for the last few months wondering what I could get her. A few days before, she mentioned she would like a Golden Doodle. Turns out there was a breeder near our place and one of my employees knew her well..she had one female left and ready to go in a few days..I went from zero to hero in seconds flat..meet Bailey...
CSQbAmH.jpg

:angel: That at least makes you hero for a day. :smartass:

Beagle was barking at something like crazy last night. She's usually spot-on, a deer, fox, coon, etc. She would not be silenced.

It was barely light enough to see what was upsetting her. Turned out the neighbor had set up his hugh telescope and tripod along with other stargazing equipment in his backyard. Something was out of place and according to Beagle, was not supposed to be there. So glad she protected us from the evil telescope.

Beagle was barking at something like crazy last night. She's usually spot-on, a deer, fox, coon, etc. She would not be silenced.

It was barely light enough to see what was upsetting her. Turned out the neighbor had set up his hugh telescope and tripod along with other stargazing equipment in his backyard. Something was out of place and according to Beagle, was not supposed to be there. So glad she protected us from the evil telescope.

I am so happy that you will still be with us and that Beagle protects you with such dedication. What a dog! You are the greatest Beagle.

When Spike brings Teddy here, he is right at the door ready to bark and let me know that one of the tenants is going into their apartment. My place is in an alcove and there are five apartments. Two other tenants are always in and out. Teddy has learned their smell and footsteps, and only gives a couple of barks for them. The other two, he barks until the tenant is safely in the home. This dog really thinks he is Napoleon.

Rock....Bailey is as cute as can be. :wub: Hope to see more pics of her as she grows! My daughter has a "Bailey", too. She was a rescue...I'll try to dig up a pic of her.

Dawg...your post cracked me up. OMG, the dreaded evil telescope! :LOL: Beagle is on it, for sure.

Last edited:
Cute pets everyone :)
I'm more of a cat person myself and since my kitty passed I haven't had any pets. We live in an apartment now so only allowed caged animals. I got two guinea pigs for the kids which I ended up looking after so I guess they count as mine. Cute little things. Two boys, Paddington and Rocket. Paddington is massive for a GP. 1.6 kgs now. Rocket is still a baby. Paddy's previous cage buddy Mufasa passed two months ago from a cancerous tumor.

Strider barks at EVERYTHING that goes by the house if he sees it. The recycling and garbage trucks are thieves taking our stuff and he makes sure to let us know when they are around. It's so funny, he barks and then looks at us like why aren't you doing something? And then goes back to barking. He's even discovered the 1 curly tail lizard that is bold enough to run up to us outside in the expectation of getting mealworms. He's decided she's a threat so we have to keep him on a short lease when she's around. He almost got to her once and she jumped up at him and tried to bite him. Apparently, he's all bluff because he jumped back and then backpedaled to mommy, but he still continues to try to get to her and we don't want to take the chance.

Strider barks at EVERYTHING that goes by the house if he sees it. The recycling and garbage trucks are thieves taking our stuff and he makes sure to let us know when they are around. It's so funny, he barks and then looks at us like why aren't you doing something? And then goes back to barking.

Hee hee, dogs are so funny! Our Stryder is a Basenji - basically a non-barking breed. We didn't know that when we got her from the shelter. She sometimes growls in a low tone when someone comes to the door, but she very rarely barks. She does sort of yodel sometimes [emoji38]
VZM.IMG_20170526_183459.jpg

Beagle is wild-animalcentric. And apparently large telescopes are now included. She likes all people, ignores trucks, but despises a neighbor's Australian shepherd. He's terrified of her, and she will bully him mercilessly even though he's twice her size.

Everyone has gorgeous pets! Kate and Maggie, Kate is one of our new mountain curs for squirrel hunting, Maggie's our miniature Australian Shepherd

Attachments

• IMG_3658.jpg
    IMG_3658.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
GF turned 50 last week. I had been racking my brains for the last few months wondering what I could get her. A few days before, she mentioned she would like a Golden Doodle. Turns out there was a breeder near our place and one of my employees knew her well..she had one female left and ready to go in a few days..I went from zero to hero in seconds flat..meet Bailey...
CSQbAmH.jpg

What a cute puppy, Rock!

Breaking News: There was a big tie up in the tunnel today

Attachments

• 0815171002_HDR.jpg
    0815171002_HDR.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 111
Sorry, that should have been Breaking Mews.
And yes there is, but not with (the) pride at stake.

You'd understand if you were an apex predator that got kissed a lot.

Back
Top Bottom