Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7:30 tomorrow morning. I don't think I can do this on my own. Thank goodness I have loved ones willing to be with me at that hour. :cry:

So sorry, Cheryl. Your kitty has been a good friend for 18 years, it's so hard to say goodbye.

Thank you CG and Taxy. I wish it could be that way. :(

Eye leak here, too. It's after midnight, I tried to sleep and just can't. He's sleeping in his cushy bed next to me and seems to be doing OK for now. I'm going to try to get some sleep, back tomorrow. :wub:
So sorry to hear about your sweet kitty, Cheryl. Hugs and love to you as well [emoji813]

Thank you so much, GG and Bucky.

Well, it went as well as can be expected. It was only a 2 mile drive to the vet at 7:20 this morning, but seemed to take forever to get there. The vet and office staff were so wonderful and caring. They'll call me in a few days when he's ready to be picked up in his little cedar box, with a plaster cast of his tiny pawprint :cry:. 18 years of having a little furball purring next to me in my recliner in the evenings, and then not, is going to be kind of hard to get used to but I'll be OK. :)

Attachments

• Beautiful Blackee kitty.jpg
    Beautiful Blackee kitty.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
So sorry, Cheryl. Your kitty has been a good friend for 18 years, it's so hard to say goodbye.

THIS. Dawg, that's what has helped me so much - he had about the best life a cat could have. He was a rescue at 6 weeks old and had 18 years of being loved and spoiled, and in the same home he was brought into as a kitten. :) Can't get much better than that!

Last edited:
Thank you, taxy. I love that pic, too. :) He loved to jump up on my bed and snuggle in the comforter when I got up in the morning. He was 'the preventer of made beds'. :LOL:

I remember your Shreddy, and that he was so loved as well. :heart:

Joel, thank you for sharing those pics of your dogs, I really enjoyed seeing them and hearing about their personalities.

Thank you so much, GG and Bucky.

Well, it went as well as can be expected. It was only a 2 mile drive to the vet at 7:20 this morning, but seemed to take forever to get there. The vet and office staff were so wonderful and caring. They'll call me in a few days when he's ready to be picked up in his little cedar box, with a plaster cast of his tiny pawprint :cry:. 18 years of having a little furball purring next to me in my recliner in the evenings, and then not, is going to be kind of hard to get used to but I'll be OK. :)

Cheryl,
I'm so sorry to hear about Blackee.:(
Having a fur baby live for so long I think is pure love.On both sides:wub:
I know what you mean by the (then not's.) It's terrible.I still think Sophie is right beside me.Watch where I step before getting up.It's now the same with Trub.I'm missing my morning huggs from him.And his nightly stealing spree of everyone's socks ans slippers he insisted on sleeping with.

Trub's blankets and toys are just where he left them.
I don't know what to do.Were all still numb.
The only thing we have done is to remove the doggy door.

Munky.

Thank you CG and Munky. :wub:

Munky, you've gone through this twice in a short period of time - I can't imagine that. I hope each days gets a bit easier for you and your family, my friend! (((hugs)))

I know what you mean....this morning when I first woke up and was still half asleep before my coffee, I started to refill Blackee's food and water bowl. :( Tomorrow I'll be taking the 10 pounds or so of cat food left out to the animal shelter.

Trub's blankets and toys are just where he left them.
I don't know what to do.Were all still numb.
(((Hugs Munky))) I know the feeling. It took me about two weeks to get past the numb feeling when Shreddy died. It was about the same when Sucha died seven years before that.

So sorry Cheryl. This is one of those things that a person who has never had a beloved pet can never understand. We create a bond with them which is unique, different from our feelings for other people in our lives, and the sense of loss is every bit as great as it is with the loss of any human family member. My heart goes out to you. :heart:

I just realized nobody here got the opportunity to meet Virginia. She was our rescue Irish Wolfhound. She came to be with us at 5 years old and passed at 7.5 years. It has been 51 weeks since she went to the Bridge and we miss her every single day. We literally changed our lives to accommodate her, and it was a joy doing so. She was never really all that healthy, and she got very sick on more than one occasion, but I wouldn't trade a minute for the time we got to spend with that lovable giant.

Attachments

• IMG_9189.jpg
    IMG_9189.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 84
Nice picture - sorry for your loss. Virginia looks like she was one happy, fun dog phinz. Big dog. HUGE dog! As-big-as-the-state-of-Virginia dog. But very lovable. Himself said she looked like one of those giant stuffed animals that FAO Schwartz would put in their display window. :LOL:

Spike has this wonderful Maltese dog called Teddy. Or I should say, "had". Pirate and I are back to babysitting him. Spike drops him off in the early morning and picks him up in the early evening. Takes him for his much needed walk, and depending on what Teddy wants to do. If he heads back to my apartment, he spends the night here also. He has his own bowls, people food for just him is part of my grocery shopping, and his favorite place to sleep in in Pirate's closet. Teddy has become "our dog." He belongs to all three of us. Spike, Pirate and myself. On nights when he decides he wants to go home with Spike, Pirate and I keep looking in the closet to check on his empty bed of Pirate's laundry bag. Filled with dirty clothes. But last night there was a big change. I had been getting all my laundry together and putting it in my bag. I didn't finish and the bag was beside my bed. Teddy slept on my laundry bag.

It is official now! Teddy is OUR dog. That litter bugger has wormed his way into our hearts. There is no denying it. When he is not here, we miss him so much. We try to tell ourselves that he is Spike's dog. That is a BIG lie. And he knows it. A couple of weeks ago, we had a terrific storm with lightening and thunder. It just kept circling around and coming back. Pirate was going to walk down to Spike place (two blocks) and stay with him until the storm ended. I called Spike's and since he was home with Teddy snuggled up in Spike's arms, we knew he was all right.

Teddy is almost eight years old now. I along with Pirate and Spike, see that he has slowed down a bit. You can't help but think of the inevitable. I know how much I miss him when he goes home with Spike. I went back to page one and have spent the past hour or more reading the whole thread. So many beloved pets have crossed over that bridge. And as always, there is so much support for those members who have had to face the truth. I know that the support will be here in the event I should need it. Thank you all for being who and what you are.

Caring and very compassionate.

Last edited:
phinz, Virginia was a beauty and you two look so happy together. Thank you for sharing this pic of her, along with her story. :wub:

I just realized nobody here got the opportunity to meet Virginia. She was our rescue Irish Wolfhound. She came to be with us at 5 years old and passed at 7.5 years. It has been 51 weeks since she went to the Bridge and we miss her every single day. We literally changed our lives to accommodate her, and it was a joy doing so. She was never really all that healthy, and she got very sick on more than one occasion, but I wouldn't trade a minute for the time we got to spend with that lovable giant.

God Bless her doggy soul, phinz.

and well said. 2 1/2 years isn't much, but your apparent love is endless.

Back
Top Bottom