Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love it! What a mental image.
I don't know what other people thought, but I was chuckling all the way home (and it's only a 15-minute drive), but Myrtle definitely entertained me.:LOL: My friend remarked on how calm she is and how personable. But that's Myrtle.

CG, I'm so sorry to hear about Little Bit. Your post had me in tears. I hope as the days go by that it gets a bit easier. What a wonderful friend you've had over the years, I'm sure it was hard to say goodbye. :wub:

CWS, Myrtle sounds like a hoot! Loved your story, it made me smile. :LOL:
She's a very special hen. Makes me laugh almost every day. She comes to the house and asks to come in--goes to the fridge and expects a bit of cheese. She is also the reason I don't eat chicken very often. I feel guilty eating chicken!

I've created a monster. Shreddy is really liking going outside now. He wants to go outside just about every time I step out for a smoke and often wants to stay out for quite a while. He likes drinking rain water from different puddles. I guess the flavour of water with mud at the bottom differs from water with various kinds of leaves at the bottom or nothing in particular at the bottom. Most of the puddles are on tarp.

I've created a monster. Shreddy is really liking going outside now. He wants to go outside just about every time I step out for a smoke and often wants to stay out for quite a while. He likes drinking rain water from different puddles. I guess the flavour of water with mud at the bottom differs from water with various kinds of leaves at the bottom or nothing in particular at the bottom. Most of the puddles are on tarp.
:LOL::LOL: Enjoy his joy!

I'm thinking of getting Myrtle one of these (custom ordered, I have to measure her).

Purple FlightSuit | Avian Fashions

I think she'd look very nice in a purple flightsuit when going for rides in the car with me...just a thought. And once I have one, I can use it as a pattern to make more outfits for her. She'd probably look silly in the bunny ears...

She needs a Hoodie! I notice chickens are not on the size chart...
She definitely could use a Hoodie for when she wants to stick her head out the window--to protect her ears. Chickens are not on the size chart, but I emailed the company and have the # of the person who sews (and designed) the flightsuits, so can special order one for her. I was thinking a small duck size would be the size, but I have to measure her from her chest to where her tail feathers start...should be fun. I can visualize her strutting around in her flight suit...

Myrtle: What's that? A long worm?
CWS: It's a tape measure, stand still...
Myrtle: Looks wormy to me, let me have it...
CWS Stand still! don't peck at the worm, er tape!
Myrtle: Why?
CWS: So you can be fashionable.
Myrtle: Sounds fishy to me.

It rained this morning and replenished Shreddy's puddles, but hasn't rained since and they are drying up. Poor boy is so disappointed that only the one in this pic still has enough water to drink.

20140527_090930-MOTION.gif

Myrtle: What's that? A long worm?
CWS: It's a tape measure, stand still...
Myrtle: Looks wormy to me, let me have it...
CWS Stand still! don't peck at the worm, er tape!
Myrtle: Why?
CWS: So you can be fashionable.
Myrtle: Sounds fishy to me.

The other girls are going to be so envious of Myrtle. She will be more fashionable than CWS. :angel:

This isn't my pet but one that I saw on facebook and thought you would all agree it's a beauty! I was specially thinking you would enjoy, PF!

10364075_731445493584704_140776277723123232_n.jpg

We think we finally found out what has been making Violet sick!

Monkey has a play tower by a window and we have her food dish on the second to top tier which lines up with the window sill. We ironically put it here so that Violet wouldn't steal Monkey's food. Monkey and Violet get the same brand of food from the vet, but of course it is different. Violet's dry dog food is specially formulated for her allergies and Monkey is getting a mix of kitten and cat food to slowly introduce the new food.

Monkey makes a mess when she eats and there are always crumbs on the mat under her dish and we have seen Violet over there and think she has been grabbing anything that falls to the floor. The cat food has grains in it that Violet shouldn't have.

So, now we have to keep watch that there are no crumbs on the carpet that Violet can get. I have a call into the Vet's office but I am sure he will agree this could be the problem because Violet is so sensitive to certain things....just like her human parents. :wacko:

I am so glad it is nothing more serious.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies.

Love the video, Taxy!
It's not really a video. It's an animated "gif". I took several pictures with my phone. Google+ backed them up and turned them into that little animation. :cool:
Oh sweet Shreddy! Taxy, you are going to have to make him some "man made" (woman made) puddles!
It's supposed to rain tonight. I really think it's rain water he wants. If there isn't enough, I will make some puddles. Last night and this morning he made his own puddles. :ohmy: :LOL:
I've met Shreddy--he is an AMAZING cat. Nice pics, TL!
I think so. :wub:

Laurie, I really hope you have found the source of Violet's problems. Can you get a grain free cat food? Cats don't really have any need/use for grains and can't get any nutrition out of them. They simply don't produce the enzymes needed to digest grain.

I just got a call from the vet who will come here and euthanize Shreddy. He got a bit of a reprieve, or should I say Stirling and I got a reprieve.

She says that if his bladder was blocked, he wouldn't be eating, he would probably be trying to pee, and he might be vomiting. The fact that he hasn't pooped is of less concern, since he is eating, but not much. She thinks it's fine to wait since he is alert, drinking, eating (some), walking around, and doesn't appear to be in pain.

She wants me to call her with an update tomorrow. We'll take it day by day.

I know this sounds awful, but it will be easier on me if I see him suffer a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom