Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, and how did I manage to injure myself? I must have been pushing myself too hard or doing something stupid, right? Nope. My pants started to fall down, I had something in my hands, so I couldn't pull them up, I tripped on my pant leg, and stumbled. I didn't even come close to falling. It was such a minor stumble that if someone was watching, they probably wouldn't have even asked if I was ok, just averted their eyes and chuckled. Well, at least until they saw me drop what I was carrying and double over clutching my crotch...

Sprout said:
Oh yeah, and how did I manage to injure myself? I must have been pushing myself too hard or doing something stupid, right? Nope. My pants started to fall down, I had something in my hands, so I couldn't pull them up, I tripped on my pant leg, and stumbled. I didn't even come close to falling. It was such a minor stumble that if someone was watching, they probably wouldn't have even asked if I was ok, just averted their eyes and chuckled. Well, at least until they saw me drop what I was carrying and double over clutching my crotch...

Oh crap, Sprout. Sure hope everything works out.

Tomorrow, friday the 12th I will officially be 37 weeks pregnant. I will have finally made it to my "safe date," and this pregnancy will be considered full term. Tomorrow I will also go to my OB office to find out if I'm going to have to continue the activity limitaions (basically bed rest) that they put me on today. Some may think "why on earth would they put a woman whose pregnancy is considered full term on such limitations?" I strained (pulled, if you prefer) the lowest segment of my rectus abdominus muscle (the muscle that makes "6-pack abs) and the tendon that attaches it to my pelvis. These, along with the other abdominal muscles, are what a woman flexes when she pushes in labor to help her uterus push the baby out. If they determine that I did enough damage, they'll limit my activity to give the muscles rest and allow them to heal, and to try to convince my body not to go into labor before they've had enough time to do so. So here I am, in what should be the home stretch, and I have to pray that I don't go into labor any time soon. They won't try to stop labor if it starts, of course, as the risks of intervention would be much greater than the risks of letting my body do its job, but if I do go into labor soon I'll likely do more damage to the injury and my recovery will be even more fun! Thank goodness my toddler is so loveable, because I already have many offers to take care of her while DH is at work so I can rest (we have no family in the area to help). Just when I'm ready to be done this pops up! Well, it won't kill me, so I just have to assume I'll be stronger once I make it out the other side.
You have my good thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well for you.
kadesma

Thanks, guys. I went to the doc today and I'm severely limited activity until wednesday, but the good news is that she said it shouldn't interfere with labor, even if I were to go into labor right now. Basically, if I had chosen to injure an abdominal muscle, I could have chosen better, since the area I damaged is used least when pushing. That's a huge relief. I'm trying to go natural this time (had some complications last time that may have been prevented if I hadn't been induced or had the epidural) and was worried that this injury would cause me to need intervention, but my doc said it's actually a good thing I'm trying to avoid the epidural, because it's harder to be sure you're contracting the correct muscles with it, so I could injure it further that way, or, since pushing typically takes longer with an epidural, the chances of the other muscles becoming fatigued & my trying to compensate by using these ones are a lot higher. So basically, I'm in a fair amount of pain when I do have to get up/walk/reach for things and I have some pretty boring days ahead of me, but it's the weekend, so DH will be around to help for the next couple days. In terms of my labor, it actually gives me more incentive to stick to my natural birth plan, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

Thanks, guys. I went to the doc today and I'm severely limited activity until wednesday, but the good news is that she said it shouldn't interfere with labor, even if I were to go into labor right now. Basically, if I had chosen to injure an abdominal muscle, I could have chosen better, since the area I damaged is used least when pushing. That's a huge relief. I'm trying to go natural this time (had some complications last time that may have been prevented if I hadn't been induced or had the epidural) and was worried that this injury would cause me to need intervention, but my doc said it's actually a good thing I'm trying to avoid the epidural, because it's harder to be sure you're contracting the correct muscles with it, so I could injure it further that way, or, since pushing typically takes longer with an epidural, the chances of the other muscles becoming fatigued & my trying to compensate by using these ones are a lot higher. So basically, I'm in a fair amount of pain when I do have to get up/walk/reach for things and I have some pretty boring days ahead of me, but it's the weekend, so DH will be around to help for the next couple days. In terms of my labor, it actually gives me more incentive to stick to my natural birth plan, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

So, it's not time for me to run in circles yelling, "Boil some water?"

I'm the only person who got sedation when my nephew was born...

So, it's not time for me to run in circles yelling, "Boil some water?"

I'm the only person who got sedation when my nephew was born...

Wait a second! You're supposed to be the calm and confident medical professional who's clam demeanor helps everyone else weather the storm.

...another bubble burst! :(

Wait a second! You're supposed to be the calm and confident medical professional who's clam demeanor helps everyone else weather the storm.

...another bubble burst! :(

Calm and confident only with my Old folks...you should feel safe, Andy!:angel:

New baby anything...squeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Okay. Let's think about this rationally. So if Australia, Wales, Spain, Italy, France, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Michigan, Florida, Louisiana, South Dakota, Iowa, and all the other places on DC send you hot towels and boiling water, Sprout, you should feel pretty safe. We are watching your back. You may thank us later.

:Wub: Best to you, hope you can get comfortable!

Last edited:
Dawgluver said:
Okay. Let's think about this rationally. So if Australia, Wales, Spain, Italy, France, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, Michigan, Florida, Louisiana, South Dakota, Iowa, and all the other places on DC send you hot towels and boiling water, Sprout, you should feel pretty safe. We are watching your back. You may thank us later.

:Wub: Best to you, hope you can get comfortable!

That's a lot of towls and boiling water. Do you have her back or are you planing an invasion. Hmm, invading the baby sister's... Oh, or create a turkish bath!

PF, I'll make sure to only inform you after the baby has safely arrived. ;)
Andy, I don't think you should take that comment from PF lying down. (Just be careful trying to get up. If you're as old as PF makes it sound, we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.)

Thanks all for the support and well-wishes!

P.S. Thanks you guys for being supportive of my sister. :)

It's only because I want to be a babysitter choice...:angel:

PF, I'll make sure to only inform you after the baby has safely arrived. ;)
Andy, I don't think you should take that comment from PF lying down. (Just be careful trying to get up. If you're as old as PF makes it sound, we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.)

Thanks all for the support and well-wishes!

After the baby arrives safely is when I fall apart. Nephew was born in the back seat of Grandma's car in the middle of a corn field. I got him and his Mom to the ER (20 miles away) and once I got everyone notified and they were safe, I started laughing and couldn't stop.:wacko:

Now waych out PF and I are tossing coins to see who goes to baby sit first. Hint hint I have 6 grand kids and know both ends of any kid well:ROFLMAO:
kades

That's what *I* always said! The best end to a visit is standing on the front porch waving good-bye! Spoil em rotten and send em home! :ROFLMAO:

I am a natural sedative for babies of any species. I bore them to sleep, I get the pleasure of watching them and holding them while they sleep. Their parents think I am insane when I tell them about the nice time we had.

Back
Top Bottom