Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so angry right now!!! I took a United Airlines flight from Denver to Hartford, and checked a suitcase that was too big to go as carry-on. When I got to the Hertz lot Hartford, and went to get my Garmin Nav system out of my checked bag, it was gone -- along with anything else of value.

So, I basically worked for minimum wage, or less, today, once you subtract my losses.

Self-employment giveth, and self-employment taketh away.

CD

Casey, sorry to hear that happened to you. Really stinks.

Vent? I'd be wanting to put a hurt on anyone that touched my bag at the airport. :mad:

I am so angry right now!!! I took a United Airlines flight from Denver to Hartford, and checked a suitcase that was too big to go as carry-on. When I got to the Hertz lot Hartford, and went to get my Garmin Nav system out of my checked bag, it was gone -- along with anything else of value...
I hope you are somehow able to get some sort of restitution for this. I doubt it would work, but maybe you could take a photo of your open suitcase and the agent at the gate when you check in? Then, if the contents don't look exactly like they did in the photo when you recheck it (at the airport, I would think, and not wait until you get to your rental car), find someone to strangle right then and there.

No, not the stuff stolen. All of my camera and computer equipment is listed on my business insurance policy, but the stuff in that luggage was personal stuff.

I'm going to pursue it with United Airlines, but I doubt I'll get anything out of it. They will want me to prove that the missing stuff was actually in the checked baggage, and how would I do that?

CD

Airline terminals should have as many cameras as a Vegas gambling joints do, 3000 of them.

Last edited:
This is 1/2 a petty vent with a lesson I learned long ago..

I do a lot of online shopping.. Rarely have a problem..

I ordered a Christmas gift item on Amazon for my granddaughter-in-law..

Order confirmed and shipped.. Day of delivery, I received a "delay in shipment" notice.. 4 days since delivery date, no updates..

The good thing is that I am early enough to get a refund and to reorder the item.. Hoping nothing else goes wrong with the new order..

Be careful folks.. Allow time for others to mess things up.. :)

Ross

Vent? I'd be wanting to put a hurt on anyone that touched my bag at the airport. :mad:

I hope you are somehow able to get some sort of restitution for this. I doubt it would work, but maybe you could take a photo of your open suitcase and the agent at the gate when you check in? Then, if the contents don't look exactly like they did in the photo when you recheck it (at the airport, I would think, and not wait until you get to your rental car), find someone to strangle right then and there.

Unfortunately, some suitcases are searched before they are loaded onto the plane. Even if you have a lock on it. That just raises suspicion. They will just break the lock and put a preprinted notice in your suitcase notifying you of the search.

One time I was flying to Atlanta. I was going to be baking a special chocolate cake for the holiday dinner. It required a special cake pan that my hostess didn't own. So I packed mine. I would have loved to seen the face of the searcher when they came across that. As many times as I have flown and had my suitcase searched, I have never had anything missing. Not even that stupid cake pan that I still own. But I do wish the searchers would fold the items neatly, the way they found them.

When we were going to Aruba every year, I’d pack kitchen knives and other stuff. On average my bag would get searched every other year. Never a problem, always got a notice.

When Pirate was a teenager, he had a job at Logan Airport as a baggage handler. He loaded the luggage inside the plane.

According to him, it was quite common for the handlers to open an expensive suitcase and see if there was anything of value. Of course that was way long before 9/11. Today, you go through the tortures of hell to get a job there. You would think with the airport right in our backyard, they would hire more Eastie residents. Not so anymore. Definitely no one under 18 years of age.

Recently my health plan expanded big time. They have built a state of the art new building to included all inclusive in-house care and clinical. And I am being transferred from Winthrop to Lewis Mall facility for all my medical needs. Great! I can even get on a bus with my wheelchair and go there is need be by myself.

The problem, I may have to resort to just that. What was "Elderly Service Plan" is now PACE. "Progressive All-inclusive Care for Elderly". Their transportation system is falling apart. This week I had an appointment with the dentist. It is located right in the heart of Winthrop. I have a heavy winter coat and put it on after the call was made to send a van to pick me up. One hour, coat still on. One and a half hour goes by. I finally took off the coat. Sure enough the van pulled up. I just grabbed my coat and braved the wind and cold while being transferred on the lift to the van. Didn't even put my coat on.

This has become the norm for the transportation department. The drivers do not answer their calls on the radio to pick up a wheelchair patient. All their vehicles have lifts for wheelchair patients. Or the dispatcher forgets to even put out a call and try to find a ride for the patient. My typical wait period for pickup to go home from any appointment is two hours or more now. I am seriously considering cancelling all my intown appointments. I do not want to get stuck there. One time, the clinic in town was closing and the secretary had to call the Boston Police to pick me up and bring me home.

Last Thursday I had company coming at noon. I had to go to Winthrop to have my Coumadin levels checked. Five minutes at the most. That was at 10:30 a.m. It wasn't until 12:45 that a van became available to bring me back home. It seems that all the drivers were at their lunch time at the very same time. Has no one ever heard of staggering lunch breaks?

They need more drivers and vans. And a new DISPATCHER!!!
She is one step below useless.

Petty vent. Shopping for sneakers/running shoes as everyday apparel. They are all so weird colored looking now. Hundreds of styles...most all yukky.

Last edited:
DMV :mad::angry::censored: GRRRRR...

I tried to make an appointment online but they claimed none were available for the next two weeks. I don't believe that but I needed to renew my drivers license so off I went to that hell pit. After being sent from one window to the next for 2 hrs. I finally emerged with frayed nerves, an aching back and license in hand.

Back
Top Bottom