"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #61
Chef Extraordinaire

my moniker, buckytom, is my nickname at work and online.

i was only 22 when i started in my current job, so when a bunch of big old hard drives (a 750 mb drive was the size of 2 dishwashers, side by side) had to be moved, my boss shouted out from his office "get the young buck to do it". from then on i was bucky.

since my real name is tom, some people around work got confused because they didn't know which name to call me. so a korean co-worker told me that many koreans have either a 2 word, or at least a 2 syllable name (his is young choi), so he started calling me buckytom. now, that name has stuck.

my avatar is homer simpson, as you can see. i'm a fan of the simpsons, so when we were first given the option to have avatars as the site grew, i chose him. haven't changed it since.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Nothing wrapped around his head... he was being goofy!
Wow, was I offbase. I thought he had some kind of scarf or something draped over his head. It was his pronounced brown markings and the way they stop on his chest.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #63
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Wow, was I offbase. I thought he had some kind of scarf or something draped over his head. It was his pronounced brown markings and the way they stop on his chest.
He has some unusual markings on him, especially on the top of his head, he has little shaded brown spots that I believe become more pronounced with age.

You had me wondering tho... I was thinking I was missing something or you were messing with me and I was not getting the joke!!! I'm sooooo stupid sometimes that I would tend to believe it is more me than anyone else.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #64
Master Chef

my name went from luvs_food to luvs, & my avatar is self explainitory.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire

Looking at your avatar again, sattie, I thought his rump was part of that imaginary something, too.
BTW, I love your real name. Pretty cool.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #66
Sous Chef

Quote:
Lol I thought the same thing. When I mess around with Aspen and put stuff on her head like a beanie she closes her eyes like if she doesn't open them it's not happening.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #67
Master Chef

Quote:
Looking at your avatar again, sattie, I thought his rump was part of that imaginary something, too.
BTW, I love your real name. Pretty cool.
LOL!!! Thanks pacanis.... I had to go and read about your screen name, anyone that loves dogs is a friend of mine. I had no idea what your name meant and had often wondered.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #68
Sous Chef

My user name is radhuni , radhuni means cook in Bengali & Hindi
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:48 AM   #69
Executive Chef

Well, my name is "Allen" and I live in OKlahoma. When I first joined this sight, I was living in Michigan, and went by "AllenMI". If you read some of the older threads, you just might see where someone typed my handle in as "AllenMI".

I also participate on a few other boards. I go by the same handle except for one, which is an old sci-fi / star trek / star wars forum, that spun out of a chatroom in a chat serve that went under 8 years ago. My login for that is my original chat handle, "Pepper38", but my displayed screen-name is "Chef Pepper". Back then, I was a major chile-head.

That sci-fi forum had a link posted once, that would take to you a website where you could design your own South Park character. I designed my avatar there, which is a fairly accurate representation of what I would look like if I became a character on South Park. Chef Whites, chef knife in hand, goatee, etc. I currently use that avatar on the sci-fi board, as well as this one.

I noticed on here last week, I think, that someone else had a very similar avatar to mine. I think that person hit the same cartoon generator website that I did.

Editted to add: Sattie, if you like Chihuahuas, we have 6!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #70
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
my avatar is homer simpson, as you can see. i'm a fan of the simpsons, so when we were first given the option to have avatars as the site grew, i chose him. haven't changed it since.
Lies!! You've had at least 3 other avatars that I can remember! You have too changed them!!

Of course..... They've all been Homer.

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote