Sensations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Sensations. We think of the word as meaning something that is enthusiastically accepted by a great number of people. But it also means "experiences pertaining to the senses". In that vein, what are your favorite food sensations? Here are, off the top of my head, my five favorite, taste not being included.

The feeling of hot and cold in my mouth at the same time, like when you eat hot apple pie with ice cream, placing both in your mouth simultaneously.

The mysterious crunch found when you let honey soak into a slice of bread for several minutes.

The light, mineral crunch of whatever it is that creates it, whether crystalizing salt, or hardening calcium, in my favorite 5-year aged cheddar.

The texture of my pancakes when they come out perfect, so that they have substance, but almost dissolve in your mouth as you chew, so tender and moist, but not gooey. Even though I use the same recipe over and over, sometimes they come about amazing. They always come out better than the box mixes.

The texture of really good home made bread, hot, with butter. Crusty outside with soft moist interior.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Oh, I am into this...last night I made some fried chicken strips. Just breast meat cut into strips, rolled in flour, dipped in egg, then bread crumbs seasoned with Cajun seasoning mix. They were super crunchy and spicy on the outside, mellow and juicy on the inside. The contrast was amazing and a really good sensation.

Years ago when I could eat chocolate, I would love to bite into a chocolate chip cookie while it was still warm from the oven and and have the chips kind of melt in my mouth. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

My favorite tends to be salty/crunchy/heat. I like other ones; when I periodically give up booze I NEED sugar and ice cream. But overall, it is that salty, highly seasoned crunch that I really, really need!

Back
Top Bottom