Small town life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Now, I'm starting with a food episode, but wish for people to chime in with any things that are small town, good and not-so-good.

OF all things, my husband was taking his daily walk, and ran into a gal who told us there was going to be a liver festival at a small, very local, very neighborhood bar. So he and I strolled down and ate liver. Of all things, LIVER. I mean really, liver. Many showed up for it, I might add.

Now I'm fairly new to small-town life. But .. really ... how did they know that we like liver? We go to this bar maybe every month or two, yet we were included in a very small town party.

MIdwesterners are the friendliest and best and nicest people in the country.

Write about your small town, just for curiousity sake, the population, and what makes it unique, good or bad. By the way, Galena is 3500.

I live in a real small town , population 459. There is a Fair yearly . Also a store has customer appreciation day , where people sample food and get freebies. I've gone to it once.

My small city doesn't quite qualify, but it surrounded by very small towns - and friends there are always raving about fish and game dishes. It seems no two are ever the same, but folks roll their eyes talking about the savory flavor of these dishes. I 'd want to taste it before I learned what kind of critter it was and how it got from the wild to my plate though.

Back
Top Bottom