Something about the user above you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has an interesting chicken corn chowder recipe, and I am intrigued as to how I would go about it without using a slow cooker, as I don't own one.

Has an interesting chicken corn chowder recipe, and I am intrigued as to how I would go about it without using a slow cooker, as I don't own one.
You could do it in a regular saucepan. The chowder I made last night wasn't the recipe that is posted. I wasn't sure what kind of soup I was going to make, but that is what I ended up with.. a chowder-like soup.

If you're using a saucepan I poach chicken breast in chicken broth with seasonings and bay leaves. When the chicken is cooked through, I remove it and dice it and add it back to the sauce pan. In a separate pan, I make a roux, using milk, butter, chicken bouillon and flour. I add that to the saucepan and turn the heat up. I bring it to a boil, then turn it to low. For the veggies, I roasted the potato and onion in the oven. The corn, peas and carrot were from a frozen mix. When the roasted potatoes/onion were done I added them to the saucepan. The frozen vegetables were added about 15 min before the soup was done. I don't have ingredient amounts, because I just kind of played around with it..... getting back to the game.....

She just started the dinner thread for Thursday, November 3rd.

Last edited:
You could do it in a regular saucepan. The chowder I made last night wasn't the recipe that is posted. I wasn't sure what kind of soup I was going to make, but that is what I ended up with.. a chowder-like soup.

If you're using a saucepan I poach chicken breast in chicken broth with seasonings and bay leaves. When the chicken is cooked through, I remove it and dice it and add it back to the sauce pan. In a separate pan, I make a roux, using milk, butter, chicken bouillon and flour. I add that to the saucepan and turn the heat up. I bring it to a boil, then turn it to low. For the veggies, I roasted the potato and onion in the oven. The corn, peas and carrot were from a frozen mix. When the roasted potatoes/onion were done I added them to the saucepan. The frozen vegetables were added about 15 min before the soup was done. I don't have ingredient amounts, because I just kind of played around with it..... getting back to the game.....

She just started the dinner thread for Thursday, November 3rd.

Thank you! I will try this!
And I certainly did :)
^^^ Just helped me out and shared a recipe that I can't wait to try and play around with :chef:

Would use buttermilk for with making fried chicken, biscuits or salad dressing.

Back
Top Bottom