Stupid World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I said 'rugby for wusses'.... Is this where I tell you that my husband was a rugby blue at his uni?!!!! No brain damage there, I can assure you.:LOL:

I know how you feel. My husband was even planning on getting a portable TV just to watch the games on our vacation. We've been planning this family vacation for so long and our kids deserve quality time with him. He can watch the rest of the 2 weeks left of it when we get back.

I am blessed with a husband who couldn't care less about most sporting events. What a deal - I get to watch all the ones I like, for the most part.

Yep my hubby is into the world cup too (he's from England). It starts on 6 June. I find other things to do since I really dont care for football (soccer), nor do I care for the american football.

You know, I hate to admit it, I hate Sport of any kind (except Nascar and Cubs Baseball) but even I'm getting wrapped up in this years FIFA.

I guess Hype and Spin really do work.

~ Raven ~

it's not hype and it's not spin. Fpptball is really happening sport, the action is the best part, and there is real action unlike many other sports

Honeymoon

Oooh, isn't it ironic, don't you think... (oh, stay calm everyone I am not going to start warbling "it's like raiiiiining on a wedding day.

The BEST part of my wedding day was the honeymoon! We spent our honeymoon in same room w/two other couples who were married and this way supposed to be our wedding night? Should have realized then there woud be trouble ahead w/someone who only considered his agenda in life. That is why I mentioned the word 'balance' equals not only marriage for ONE. I don't fault the game of soccer but how you both can enjoy it. Maybe I am 'kissin 'n tellin" here but enough is enough!!!!

I think it's O.K. to give them space to do things that they like. I guess I have learned that given I live with three guys. My kids are really into sports (soccer). They are young and they are obsessed with this and also with football so I am not sure what it will be like as they get older. My husband on the other hand is not much into sports except football but is big time into Finance and the Markets.

I don't share their passion (neither for finance nor for sports). I like creative things but that's why we have multiple t.v's :) . I can watch or read or bake or cook or do whatever I like while they follow what they want. You can't have their attention all the time so I say give him his space and that will make for a happy relationship.

Oh and IntheKitchen, I could not help but laugh after reading your post. I gotta give you kudos for putting up with that.

BTW: Shaheen what about the cricket craze. Back home if there was anything that drove me insane was people's obsession with cricket and how work schedules and social events had to be arranged around that. Then there was tennis as well. As a kid sometimes I was glued to the television watching Navratilova and Graff fight it out.

Yakuta

Glad you got a laugh! Sounds funny now but I had not clue what was going to happen? What would you have done? When I start feeling disappointed about it I think maybe things could have been worse. As they say,'roll w/the punches'? The other people were so friendly but even more so when they found out we just got married. Probably knew I picked a winner!

I really do like watching girls soccer too. They are really intense. As I said professional soccer is really great to watch. Glad I can watch when I want to. now.

Andy M. said:
It seems to me you couldn't ask for much more. Is he only allowed to have interests you approve of? (No 'stupid' sports)

Do you have any interests he doesn't care about?

Its not that he is not allowed! I'm not bossing around! :-p We love each other alot (silly me! thats why we are together!) We've been together for almost 2 years now. He even LOVES wrestling and tries to get me to watch Smack Down and Raw! To balance that out (actually much more than a balance :-p ) he comes shopping with me. :)

My hubby is from the Netherlands and played semi-pro soccer. He used to be crazy about watching it and even got our daughters and I into it. Otherwise, he doesn't watch sports unless I am watching them. With him being a truck-driver, he is only home for 1 or 2 days a week; Usually he watches the TV in our bedroom and I watch the one in the living room. After almost 30 years of marriage, we have discovered that it is alright to have our own interests that the other does not share. Nothing wrong with it at all. Besides, he has become a fan of Def Leppard.......thanks to me!!!!! :)

Yakuta said:
BTW: Shaheen what about the cricket craze. Back home if there was anything that drove me insane was people's obsession with cricket and how work schedules and social events had to be arranged around that. Then there was tennis as well. As a kid sometimes I was glued to the television watching Navratilova and Graff fight it out.

Honestly I do not keep track of any kind of sport! Just today at class I heard that the India West Indies match was very gripping.
Though I vividly remember the steets were totally empty the day India and Pakistan played after a very long gap. It was alomst 3- 4 years ago. It seemed like a curfew! Whenever there is any cricket match the TV showrooms are surrounded by people trying to get a peek.

Hey guys... when I was on the way back from the gym this afternoon I saw a bunch of Indian kids playing crickets in the park... something you don't see very often in Italy!! I just thought about you two:-p

Hey Shaheen, how about a partner switch just for during the world cup?
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: Just kidding:-p :ROFLMAO:

*ups* haven't seen this.... started a new thread for the worldcup.. *sorry*
I must admit, everything around annoys me... people are havening flags out of there windows and cars.. that looks strange..
my sister says it reminds her of the US after 09/11..

but I like watching it and even if there are so much stupid things around I like the atmosphere ;o)
first match is running, Germany - Costa Rica 2:1 by now and there is almost nobody out on the streets.. like sunday morning :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Newspaper

Today's Business section of paper states Anheuser Busch gives up 70 million in support of World Cup. Do you believe this? Do I live in the wrong world?

you don't get anything else than Anheuser Busch beer or coca cola.. no milk, absolutely nothing.. you can't even go with a taxi to the arena, because they are not allowed to go there... no official sponsor...

World Cup

Doesn't seem fair. They have everything wrapped up. My son was so thankful he got to see the game today. Someone called and told us that my ex is supposedly over in Germany watching the games. Being at the World Cup is experience no one would forget. How people get involved in game! Like life depended on it. Me, I like enjoying a good meal.

Back
Top Bottom