"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2015, 01:07 AM   #61
Proud American

Yes, they gave us of all the papers of his condition. We shall be staying until of the closing of Aunty Stela's house in November. Uncle Nicu must see the doctor they assigned of him many times for he is older.

He ate very well tonight! After such a very nice dinner, he wasn't tired and so Joyce brought out her guitar and we sang! We sang many songs, for Mamma knows of these old songs. Then Joyce put a very funny movie on the TV from the computer server. It was of a Monkees movie and she and Mamma knew of them but it was very funny and nice!

It is here, I wish to watch it again!

She showed us of the tv shows, they are very funny! The music is very nice also, yes?

Uncle Nicu and Mamma are now going to the beds. Joyce and I shall see more of these Monkees TV shows and have pretzels chips and the port wine cheese.

My dear husband and our Anna are doing very well! Anna said something of a cow and I had to remember of it! Ileana sewed her of a stuffed cow, ha! She is trying to speak so very much! Oh! there is something wrong in my heart for to be away from her and also from Carl.

I know she is well and also Carl is well also. It is a very odd feeling, yes?

I shall be back later! I love you all!

~Cat

Old 10-15-2015, 04:32 AM   #62
Proud American

It is well.

~Cat

Old 10-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #63
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
It is well.

~Cat
Of course your heart aches to see your Little Anna and your Carl. That is how it is supposed to be. Your heart is full of love for the both of them.

Have you Skyped with them at all? Ask Joyce about doing Skype with them. It will help with that ache in your heart.

Love Mama Addie
Old 10-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #64
Proud American

No, I call them and Carl sends me the pictures of her of my iPhone and even of videos!

But Justin has found a way of making me be here from Brasov! He has built a server!

~Cat
Old 10-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #65
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Justin is brilliant!
Old 10-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #66
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
But Justin has found a way of making me be here from Brasov! He has built a server!

~Cat
Curious - how will a server here in the United States enable you to access the Internet from Brasov? Are you going to take it back with you?

You would still have to connect it to the Internet there in Romania. I'm wondering if a server built in the United States would work in a non-English-speaking country. The software would be in a different language.

I did a search for "Internet access in Romania" and this was the second result: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/why...-than-americas

Quote:
America’s internet speeds are far from the best in the world. Much of Asia and Europe enjoy much faster—and in many cases cheaper—internet than we do. Including Romania.
Curious why you have trouble with the Internet in Romania.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #67
Proud American

The rural areas in mountains are difficult for Internet. We have it on the dial up.

~Cat
Old 10-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #68
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
The rural areas in mountains are difficult for Internet. We have it on the dial up.

~Cat
Oh, I thought you lived in Brasov and Constanta.

So how do you expect the server will help?
Old 10-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #69
Proud American

I live outside of Brasov, it is the closest town of us. I am in Constanta of the fishing season but there I am on Catina II.

The server has of a web address and Laki will be trying to do this next week. I find of searching well but forums just spin and spin. Uck!

~Cat