"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
Head Chef

I love hearing what you bought and where you bought it. Thanks for all the replies.
I bought a 22 wide flat panel monitor for under $170 today, I bought it at PC Mall. They do great prices and service.
I bought 3 more pears from Kwik Trip for lunch today, and pizza slices were a $1 a slice, so much for the diet for today.
Take care, be good, ~Bliss

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
Master Chef

i HATE enclosed malls with a passion!! i like to shop at stores where you park in front go in and come out (ie individual stores or a strip mall). they make malls so big these days!! 1,000 stores in 1 mall, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! thats ridiculous!!

the last thing i bought was a combo set 1/2 sheet pan/silicone mat/sheet pan cover for $19.99 (sale is over) and mesquite and hickory smoking chips for $4.99 a bag at Chef Central. i was in and out in about 10 minutes!!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Not sure if "last thing I bought" is the correct category, but a friend and I had a wonderful lunch at a hole-in-the-wall sort of place today. I had a milestone day, in that I did my first "driving over a bridge" day and we found this little place after my victory.

I enjoyed a fabulous chicken-fried steak with mashed 'taters and gravy, green beans, etc. Really, really, really yummy. My friend had one of the prettiest burgers I've seen in a long time.

We ate like queens and didn't spend $10. How good is that?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Not sure if "last thing I bought" is the correct category, but a friend and I had a wonderful lunch at a hole-in-the-wall sort of place today. I had a milestone day, in that I did my first "driving over a bridge" day and we found this little place after my victory.

I enjoyed a fabulous chicken-fried steak with mashed 'taters and gravy, green beans, etc. Really, really, really yummy. My friend had one of the prettiest burgers I've seen in a long time.

We ate like queens and didn't spend $10. How good is that?
whooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooo congrats!!
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

i bought two knitting patterns and go a free one on line. annsattic.com. unique site. you pick what u want , then pay with card. you can then down load the entire pattern. kinda fun really.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i bought two knitting patterns and go a free one on line. annsattic.com. unique site. you pick what u want , then pay with card. you can then down load the entire pattern. kinda fun really.
do they have patterns for plastic canvas projects? this is what i got http://annsattic.com/default.aspx when i went to that addy.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Deathbysoup
I bought a large poutine from New York Fries in the food court at the mall :P
Old 05-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
Executive Chef

A #7 grating cone for our KitchenAid RVSA attachment. Ordered 3 days ago from AmeriChefUSA.com and scheduled for delivery today. Hoping it'll work better than most of the KA cones.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
do they have patterns for plastic canvas projects? this is what i got Home when i went to that addy.

sorry try annie'sattic.com.............the other was freepattern.com. no plastic . least i couldn't find it.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
Master Chef

My husband starts collecting social security this month. I've always been a cheapskate when it comes to clothes and my husband is encouraging me to upgrade my wardrobe a bit (not that I look bad, I just haven't bought much new in a couple of years). So I hit a couple of my favorite catalogs and ordered a bit of a spring update. Would like a nice sun dress, but haven't seen anything that said "buy me".