The Saturday cooking experience...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qmax

Sous Chef
For years now, cooking on Saturdays is a prime form of recreation for me.

I've got the standard 9 to 5 gig (or rather 7 to 4) during the week so if I cook at all during the week, it's really simple easy stuff.

But on Saturdays, I get up, hit the stores early, and get the goods for whatever I have decided to cook. Lots of times, I don't know what that will be until I see what looks good in the markets.

Music on all day, leisurely doing the mise en place, pulling it all together before the spousal unit gets home (she's a nurse, works most Saturdays).

Only issue is I probably drink too much wine while doing this.

I just love Saturdays.

Anybody else got a rhythm like this?

Saturdays used to be my cycling & bbq day. Me and my cycling buddies used to head out for century rides and I would spend the evening playing with my Weber with a nice bottle of wine on the side.
But these days my Saturdays and most of my time off have been consumed by my patio/outdoor kitchen project with non-stop digging, block wall forming, and pouring concrete slabs. The center piece of my project will be my wood fired brick pizza oven which I will lay the foundation for in the next few weeks. That gives me little time to cycle and play with my Webers. But I am enjoying the project though, and I look forward to my Saturdays like before.

Saturdays used to be my cycling & bbq day. Me and my cycling buddies used to head out for century rides and I would spend the evening playing with my Weber with a nice bottle of wine on the side.
But these days my Saturdays and most of my time off have been consumed by my patio/outdoor kitchen project with non-stop digging, block wall forming, and pouring concrete slabs. The center piece of my project will be my wood fired brick pizza oven which I will lay the foundation for in the next few weeks. That gives me little time to cycle and play with my Webers. But I am enjoying the project though, and I look forward to my Saturdays like before.

How fun.

But I'll bet the results will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom