"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #51
Head Chef

Here's a tip for posting music to a forum to make it show up as a video and not a link and also...to make YouTube to not show a window of additional song suggestions at the end of your posted video.

First, open the song on YouTube you want to post here. Click on "Share" that you see below the video. In the next window click on "Embed." Scroll down and un-check the box that reads "Show suggested videos when the video finishes".

Copy and Paste the YouTube URL link to that song for posting here, but backspace out the letter "s" in the url's "https..." before posting.

Now your embedded video will not only playback directly on screen (not just a link) but at the end of the song, it won't bring up other suggested songs by YouTube.

I knew about removing the "s" in "https:... but just learned today how to not have YouTube bring up a bunch of related songs at the end of my video posts.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:59 AM   #52
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_1138 View Post
There are just 2 of the all time Canadian great classic country artists -- Anne Murray and Shania Twain. :)
I'm talking way back before Shania Twain, here...I consider her new country. But, then again, I'm pretty old myself.....

Old 08-13-2016, 03:17 AM   #53
Head Chef

Video song posts are now banned here? They aren't showing up as of late
Old 08-13-2016, 05:03 AM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Glitch in the system, nobody has banned them.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:48 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Glitch in the system, nobody has banned them.
Thanks PF. I knew it wasn't my computer. So there had to be a reasonable explanation .
Old 08-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #56
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I'm listening to a local Heritage Radio station that transmits just a few miles from my house. Sometimes it can be really good, sometimes it can be really bad. So bad that it is good.... Mostly country influenced(old country, thank god), with certain shows that feature local artists, which is nice. Local sponsored commercials...Tonight it is a bluegrass show..Thursday nights is a great Blues show just after the Bingo....if you ever want to check out what is happening in my little corner of the world just follow this link and then click on the listen icon..they feature a cooking recipe of the day, so it is relevant....party on....Home - Valley Heritage RadioValley Heritage Radio
Thanks Rocklobster. I added CJHR to my online radio links and am happily listening to it as I write this.
I'm in Memphis Tennessee and we have a bit of musical history too. WEVL is a volunteer-programmed and listener-sponsored radio station. There is a variety of genres depending on the interests and collection of the volunteer who puts on each show. May sound hokey but they been doin' it a long time and got pretty good at it. You can just find the link on their website and listen live or check the program schedule for a show with the kind of stuff you like to listen to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster
I'm talking way back before Shania Twain, here...I consider her new country. But, then again, I'm pretty old myself.....
If you go back far enough there wasn't "country." There was just music and if you were lucky enough to live in one of the right parts of the world you got to hear what later turned into country. But it was an amalgam of Appalachian Folk, Celtic, Delta Blues, New Orleans Jazz, Tin Pan Alley and everything else them old boys ever heard.

Anyway, said all that so I could say this. If you like that Old Time Country, then Wednesdays from 3 to 4 PM Central Time you might be interested in listening to The Old Time Country Music Hour on WEVL.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:01 AM   #57
Head Chef

Old 08-27-2016, 08:53 AM   #58
Head Chef

Bluff City Barn Dance on WEVL.org. On 'til 10:00 AM central.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #59
Executive Chef

Artie Shaw on the car CD player (I'm sure you've already noticed my penchant for "swing") and Mozart's Requiem on the Prom's concert on television last night.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #60
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
Bluff City Barn Dance on WEVL.org. On 'til 10:00 AM central.

I go to "Listen Online" link from that site. Clicking that link brings up an immediate download. No thanks.
Keep it simple.

Along that kind of music...