"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-25-2006, 02:08 AM   #21
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i wish one week a year you could spend each of the seven days in someone else's existence. not only in their body, but living their life, with all of their thoughts and feelings.

it would be a random selection. you'd wake up as that person, and actually be them for a day. then, at the end of each day as you went to sleep, you'd be yourself again, and remember all of your experiences.

i think it would teach the world a little compassion for each other, instead of so much greed and aggression.
Remember the show Quantum Leap?

Barbara

Old 11-25-2006, 02:17 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

yup, barbara. it's sorta like that, but you feel and think what they experience all day, not just your conscience in thier body. a kind of walking a mile in their shoes idea (no, not so your a mile away and they have no shoes... )

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #23
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I wish that for one day I could go shopping, not have to look at how much things cost, & just buy them. Not so much for clothes & things like that, but for food & things I can use to cook with. If I can't have that wish, then I wish that I knew when my kids grow up that they will be well prepared for the world that's waiting for them. That's one wish that I know what a lot of love & hard work I can accomplish.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #24
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I know what you mean Crewsk. I am sick of having to keep track of how much everything I put in my shopping cart costs and worrying about whether we can really afford it.

Barbara
Old 11-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
Oh yea, that reminds me..............one of those Japanese toilets with a bidet. Thanks, Sush
Come to one of the mediterranean countries, Wasabi!! I think they are the ones who invented bidets, it is installed practically in every house hold, though I never acquired the habit to utilize it, Cris, among just about every Italians, consider it as an absolute necessity of life!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
I wish I could push a button and have the house clean itself, the car wash itself, and the clothes washes, dries, irons, folds, and put themselves away, there's a home cooked meal ready to serve, and the dog bathes itself. I don't ask for much.........do I?
Heyyyyyyyy that's MY wish too !!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #27
Head Chef

Not sure whether it's pushing my luck posting this here but I think my big wish might be about to come true. For some months now we've been humming and hahing over buying a run-down farm in Spain. We'll have a really hard two or three years to start with but I hope - fingers crossed - that on Monday we're going to pay the deposit.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #28
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Let us know how it goes Snoop!

Barbara
Old 11-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I have a pretty wonderful life. The only thing that I can think to wish for right now is that Paul could retire and that we could move to the Mexican condo. It'll be finished in March and we're getting so excited to see it and stay in it for the first time!!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Puss
Not sure whether it's pushing my luck posting this here but I think my big wish might be about to come true. For some months now we've been humming and hahing over buying a run-down farm in Spain. We'll have a really hard two or three years to start with but I hope - fingers crossed - that on Monday we're going to pay the deposit.
Sounds great Snoop!! I hope everything works out for ya, which part of Spain is it? Keep us updated how it goes!!