W.G.T.F. Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On teachers? Jeez, I hope not. Kids that sick shouldn't be in the classroom.

It happens all the time. Though puke doesn't carry the same flu or cold germs as getting coughed on.

Sometimes the child is anxious, or has a nervous stomach.

Last edited:
Sometimes it just happens unexpectedly. In 20+ years of being in classrooms, it's only happened (to me) a few times.

Last edited:
With the little ones, it can happen at any time without them showing any signs of being sick. With the older kids, they can usually make it to the trash can.

They now teach everyone from preschool on up to cough into their elbow. That's been going on for years, and I think it's a great thing. I still use a tissue, just can't get the hang of using my sleeve.

Yep, Dawg...'catching your cough' in the elbow. Makes a lot more sense to teach the little ones that rather than coughing into their hand - that does no good! :ermm:

I remember that when our kids were in grade school (mid-to-late '80s). each kid had to take a box of tissues into the classroom at the start of the school year. Some years the teachers had to make a second request if colds and flu ran rampant that year.

Tissues are still on the list of what to take to school for each kid, along with pencils, etc. Each tissue box has the name of the child who brought it, and it sits proudly in a prominent spot. They usually run out in January, so either the teachers send out a new request, or they just buy the boxes themselves.

Truth! :LOL:

Attachments

• 399863_298111990322649_109604902_n.jpg
    399863_298111990322649_109604902_n.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top Bottom