What do you cook/eat when you're sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amber said:
Chicken soup and gingerale for me. Verablue, you have one track mind :LOL:

Well, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe, that's the only sick I ever get:-p:-p:-p:-p! hahaha.

Besides, if I really don't feel well, like cold or flu or some other related ailment, if I don't cook it, I don't get it. So, it's in my best interest not to get sick:huh:!

But, I do thank you for paying attention. xoxoxo to you, too!!!:flowers:

Last week it was soft boiled eggs, chicken broth and raisin toast. Ginger ale is a staple in *my* house.

I just went to the store for sicky food.....there's a virus in the house.
I bought lemon Propel, kiwi strawberry Propel, apple juice, Triscuit crackers, ginger snaps, lemon,lime,raspberry swirled sherbet and pineapple sherbet, and bananas.
A virus is usually a 24 hour bug so I hope everyone is feeling well in the morning. If not it is the doctor's office for sure.

Toast, tea, hot chocolate, soup, light sandwiches..n if we have a cold, mum makes this hot lemon honey drink with water which really tastes fantastic and clears up your nose n makes you feel tons better

PA, hope you are feeling better. Another idea that comes to mind is a Noodle Bowl. We had/have a place out here called Yoshi-something-or-other, where they serve just about anything with noodles in a bowl. If you have some chicken hanging around, here's one you can toss into the slow cooker, if you're up to it:

Ginger-Chicken Noodle Soup

l_R056244.jpg

I usually keep frozen won tons in my freezer. If you have some of those, add them to broth or chicken noodle soup. Get well soon ;)

My usual hearty appetite goes right down south when I am suffering with fever, I am just in no mood for anything solid. Ice cream and yogurt becomes the main staple, then Cris fixes me pureed, creamed potatoes or peas for something warm.
Cris on the other hand, his appetite never suffers, he gets hungry and eats just about anything as usual... probably for this reason he doesn't stay down long and recover quickly. I definitely envy him!

Thanks, everyone, for your sweet thoughts and ideas. Last night DH ran to the store for ginger ale, cough medicine, etc, and brought back my favorite chicken and broccoli from the Chinese restaurant that I like. At first I didn't think it sounded good, but it actually tasted great. DH is hardly eating--for some reason he only wants Raisin Bran when he does. Today I'll do my darndest to get some chicken soup in him as he has a nasty temp and everything's gone to his chest (he has a doc's appt this PM). I'm hanging in there so I think I'll have the oomph to whip some up (as DH said, I'm a mommy now so I can't get sick!:mad: :rolleyes: ).

Kads, I love the sound of your MIL's soup. And I'll have to remember cinnamon-sugar toast when Sof's back on solids--that was a sick-staple for me when I was a kid, too!

I'm another of the chicken soup and ginger ale when I'm sick people, oh, and saltine crackers!
Hope you all get well really soon!

Chicken soup for sure. Also watery rice porridge (plain) with side dishes, and noodle soup. PA, hope all of you recover soon.

When little kids are sick, pediatricians always prescribe the BRAT diet _ bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.

Can't imagine swallowing rice when I feel that lousy. I'm a 7-Up (NOT flat) and toast kinda patient.

If I'm feeling a little less than poorly, mac and cheese or waffles always perk me up.

Chicken soup, crackers, Gatorade, ginger ale, real juice popsicles, orange juice, lemon aid and Ensure! I had what I think was Norwalk (brutal stomach flu :sick: ) just days before my son was born. The combination I mentioned helped me get through that and every other bad illness I have had.

Hope you have a healthy home again soon. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom