What is in your car trunk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cables, and a few of those large plastic sheets the nursery gives you so you don't get soil in your car when you purchase plants. I've found they're great to use under anything, and it keeps the carpet in your trunk very clean, and when not in use, they fold down to a really small size.

A bag of tools, various belts for the car, a quart of oil, transmission fluid, gallon milk jug, blanket, change of clothes for my kids, a Haynes manual for my car, air pump, battery charger (it & the pump plug into the cig lighter), trash bag, rubber gloves (in case I have to change a tire & don't want to get my hands dirty), & a thing of baby wipes.

The last time I was caught in the rain there were 4 umbrellas, a cane for reaching items that scoot away from the basket, a last year's telephone directory, a cooler and a plastic picnic table cloth. There were no umbrellas in the front of the car. I forgot about the tire changing stuff but that is hidden away under the mat somewhere.

golf clubs..tennis rakets, 6pk of warm beer (left over from a tailgate), condoms (just incase!), my gym bag and old painting tarp....

yep...im all set for a road side emergency!!

Along with the usual jack, spare tire and tools I have a bunch of reciepts from BJ's, an old mat and a cooler bag. Honestly I'm pretty proud of how clean it is lately! It used to be much worse.

In the trunk of my vehicle I have: a chain lock, crash helmet, fluorescent safety vest and gloves.
After I moved to the city I sold my car and bought a 50cc scooter :D Does a little over 90 mpg (I'm not exactly what you'd call skinny ;) ), moves through traffic about twice as fast as a car, can't go faster than the speed limit and doesn't require a parkingspace. I just love it :)
And in theory I could rent a ferrari or a porche 2 days a month and still spend less on a car than I did when I had my own car :)

I have a pick-up but have a big tool box with all manner of tools, heavy-duty bumper jack, jumper cables, tow chains, etc. in the bed along with the usual spare tire (or 2). Depending on what day, there might be bales of hay and assorted bags of dog food, cat food, etc.

I've got you all beat for "odd stuff"

Fisher CZ-5 metal detector, with both accessory coils
Fisher CZ-20 waterproof metal detector
assorted accessory gear for the CZ-5
a "water scoop" to use with the CZ-20
a floating sifter basket, again for use with the CZ-20
4-gallon PVC bucket for trash
a small shovel
One of those mechanical hand thingies, it allows me to grab bottles and cans w/o bending over (they're worth $0.10/each here in MI)
a couple trash bags

Boxes to hold my grocery bags (so they don't fall over), first aid kit, roll of paper towels, rain coat, tote bag, bungie cord and of course a roll of DUCT TAPE, can't go anywhere without that.:rolleyes:

At the moment:
Assorted platters and baskets from a function we catered yesterday ( I have just been to collect them)
3 Chafing Dishes with burners etc
3 Bread Trays
A package from the US that contains ( I hope intact!) an art glass bowl
A Huge bag of dog biscuits that I got on special this morning

and underneath the carpet and panel is the jack, jumper leads, spare tyre etc.:)

cockpit cover, paper towels, regular towel, wide-brimmed hat, bag w/my iPod and other work necessities, battery, 540w amp, 6-disc changer, pad of paper, pen, jumper cables, roll of toilet paper, some other stuff that I can't remember. That's the Miata. The xB doesn't have a trunk.

Here we go, I have......
1. 2 quarts of tranny oil I bought by accident
2. 2 quarts of 10W30 oil
3. 28 pounds of dog food
4. 150 pounds of tools
5. Something with a nasty smell I can't find !!! :sick:
6. 2 tires one of them is flat, However I find if you drive fast enough and stay on the round side you are ok ! :huh:
7. A pair of jumper cables
8. A couple of bills I forgot about ! :angel:
9. 1 case of 2 year old slim fast anyone want to try some with me it was a good year and its been plenty hot out this year (maybe one of them has a hole in it and smells like # 5 :wacko: ?
10. Some cat toys (However I have found anything is a cat or dog toy ! ):ohmy:
11. All of you guys attention now :LOL: :-p !
12. I think I might still have some room for some groceries still.

Did I mention we have a Toyota Corolla sedan ? :cool:
I will trade with you AllenMI

Last edited:
We have a wagon so we don't have a boot as such but more space to put stuff!!
At the moment we have
2 folding chairs
A large pram
Nappy bag full of handy baby stuff
2 apples which escaped from the shopping and no one will bring in for me
Sterile dressings in packets from DH's leg operation in case it bled at home and which have also never made it into the house!
Worksheets from Erin's school
A frisbee for the dog not that the dog would fit in the boot at the moment
Some random items of children's clothing
Random pieces of tupperware
A picnic rug
Xrays from my foot surgery
Plastic garbage bags
A plastic fork
A baby blanket
Pencil case and colouring book
There could be more but I have already made 2 trips outside to check and DH is laughing at me!!! We could survive in the bush for days with whats in the boot if only we had food and water to go with it!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom