What is your favorite amusement park ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stats on the Goliath:

Amusement Park:

Six Flags Magic MountainType: Steel - Sit DownStatus: Operating since 2/11/2000Make / Model: Giovanola / Mega CoasterDesigner: Ingenieur Büro Stengel GmbHCapacity: 1600 riders per hour Length: 4500' Height: 235' Drop: 255' Inversions: 0 Speed: 85 mph Duration: 3:00 Max Vertical Angle: 61 Degrees Trains: 3 trains with 5 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows for a total of 30 riders per train.Trains: Riders must be 48" or taller to ride. Features: 120' long tunnel.

255 ft. drop?????????
3.gif

Disneyland Rocks, as does Disney's California Adventure, which is on the same property.
Anyone who is planning a trip there....pm me! I'll meet you there- we go quite a few times each month.

Hey Middie, when's the last time you went to Cedar Point? Last time I was there the Magnum was new! I think my favorite ride there is the Gemini because it was the only ride (then) where you actually went weightless for a few seconds going down the big hill. My all-time favorite has to be The Beast at King's Island, CLASSIC wooden roller coaster that will rattle your teeth! I think that one will always be on the World's Top Ten!

Oh and Buck, Space Mountain is alive and well, in fact, the ride just got completely refurbished. Nothing new was added, Disney just basically rebuilt the original ride. :cool:

jkath said:
Disneyland Rocks, as does Disney's California Adventure, which is on the same property.
Anyone who is planning a trip there....pm me! I'll meet you there- we go quite a few times each month.

The fine dining restaurant in the California Adventure side is pretty good. The restaurant inside of Pirates of the Carribean has a mean prime rib too.

I hate going to Disneyland in the summertime though because it's like a zoo. But the firework show is really nice.

Last edited:
As long as it's fast and furious, I'll ride it. I love the heights and the plummets and the dizzy going-around, can't breath because I'm in shock kind of stuff.

I HATE HATE HATE Ferris Wheels. They scare me to death. It moves way too slow. When it stops you rock back and forth and then you lurch a few feet more only to stop again. /shiver

:heart:
Z

DampCharcoal said:
Hey Middie, when's the last time you went to Cedar Point? Last time I was there the Magnum was new! I think my favorite ride there is the Gemini because it was the only ride (then) where you actually went weightless for a few seconds going down the big hill. My all-time favorite has to be The Beast at King's Island, CLASSIC wooden roller coaster that will rattle your teeth! I think that one will always be on the World's Top Ten!

Oh and Buck, Space Mountain is alive and well, in fact, the ride just got completely refurbished. Nothing new was added, Disney just basically rebuilt the original ride. :cool:

last time i was at cedat point was about 2 yrs ago damp. you gotta go.. you'll LOVE the millenium and raptor !!! never been to king's island though.

I know, Cedar Point has been kicking butt and leaving footprints, I really want to go up there and check out the rides!!! I haven't been to King's Island ever since they were bought by Paramount and the park has just gone into the toilet since then. Too many movie-themed multi-media rides. I want big rollercoasters!

buckytom said:
without a doubt, for me it's roller coasters. one of my favorites is the grand old wooden coaster, "the cyclone" on coney island. my buddies and i would go late on a weeknight to avoid a line, and pound a few hot dogs and beers at nathan's, then ride the cyclone over and over. the trick is to ride it with your hands up; without ever lowering your hands to hold on. (it helps to go with a fat guy :) so you get pinned in the seat).

another fave was space mountain in disneyworld. i haven't been there for years. i wonder if it still exists?

They have a wooden roller coaster at six flags magic mountain in CA. Reminded me of the simpsons episode where they rode the "tooth chipper" I swear that thing was going to knock my front teeth out.

I would have to say my favorite is Moctezumas Revenge - I belive that is at Knott's Berry Farm.

mrsdove said:
They have a wooden roller coaster at six flags magic mountain in CA. Reminded me of the simpsons episode where they rode the "tooth chipper" I swear that thing was going to knock my front teeth out.

I would have to say my favorite is Moctezumas Revenge - I belive that is at Knott's Berry Farm.

Magic Mountain actually has two: The Colossus, which is the white one that you saw in National Lampoon's Vacation, and the Cyclone which is the brown one. The Cyclone is the better of the two because it's newer so it goes much faster. The Colossus is pretty impressive though because it's the first roller coaster that you can see from the parking lot as you're walking towards the main gate.

I like "It's A Small World" Stop laffing Middie!! :LOL: I really do!! But, Space Mountain at Walt Disney World Rocks!! And, The Flume Ride at Busch Gardens in Tampa Fl.

it's a small world after all........

it's a small, small world........

Had I been asked this question about 30 years ago I would have said the roller coaster but now that the years have passed and I like the slower pace of life I'd have to say my favorite ride is the merry-go-round.:LOL:

I am 47, and the faster the ride the better! I love just about every ride at Disneyland, but my favorite rides will always be (well, always until my body falls apart even more than it has!) roller coasters.

:) Barbara

I get so sick on merry-go-rounds! All that going around and around and around. I just can't handle it! :sick:

Back
Top Bottom