"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-04-2015, 04:40 AM   #13981
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Wow, I just checked today's weather report (AccuWeather) and it's 60s and 70s all day with an expected high of 73!!!

It was a brutal summer and with hardly a day that I could have the windows open, I have to close them because it's really chilly.

I feel cheated. No Fall.

Usually I can keep the windows open for 2 to 3 months during the fall and the spring.

Grrrrrrr!!!

It seems to me that global warming is alternating with global freezing. Brutal summers followed by brutal winters.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:39 AM   #13982
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Wow, I just checked today's weather report (AccuWeather) and it's 60s and 70s all day with an expected high of 73!!!

It was a brutal summer and with hardly a day that I could have the windows open, I have to close them because it's really chilly.

I feel cheated. No Fall.

Usually I can keep the windows open for 2 to 3 months during the fall and the spring.

Grrrrrrr!!!

It seems to me that global warming is alternating with global freezing. Brutal summers followed by brutal winters.

We went from summer to fall. Now we are waiting for our Indian Summer. Some years we don't have it. They turned the heat on just in time. Our temps have gone no higher that the 50's.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #13983
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Pouring rain, 47F...I love the rain, but it is difficult driving when it's dark. Everything is glaring.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:21 AM   #13984
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Pouring rain, 47F...I love the rain, but it is difficult driving when it's dark. Everything is glaring.
52F here and very windy. Had to make a quick run to the store and right into the wind. When I got home, I dug out all my winter stuff. Mittens, ear muffs, etc. Next week we have Indian Summer coming for a couple of days.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #13985
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A brisk 60F here, and cloudy. Misting.

My feet are cold. I'm used to not wearing shoes or socks, guess I'll have to change that.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:15 PM   #13986
Master Chef

It was SUNNY today! It has been a cold, damp week; it sure was nice to see blue sky and sunshine. Not much warmer, though, since the highs of the day have been pretty much in the mid-50s all week. The sun and dry air makes it seem warmer - I fool easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
..Next week we have Indian Summer coming for a couple of days.
Not yet, Addie. You need nighttime temperatures that go down to freezing before the warm days can officially be "Indian Summer". We aren't supposed to go below 40 out here in the wilderness, so there is no way Boston will see night temperatures that low.

I'm surprised you aren't all up on what a true Indian Summer is, since the term originated during colonial times up here. Even when not adhering to the original time frame that constitutes a real Indian Summer (occurring between Nov. 11 and Nov. 20), I've always know it to mean warm weather after a frost.

Enjoy those warm days whenever they happen. After last year, I'm sucking up all the sun I can before the flakes hit the fan!
Old 10-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #13987
Master Chef

My excitement for the day is just the opposite of yours, CG. I don't think it got much over 60F all day, and we had the most glorious heavy downpours! The rain is supposed to continue off and on into the night, with thunderstorms expected. Even sunshine day after day can get old.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #13988
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
My excitement for the day is just the opposite of yours, CG. I don't think it got much over 60F all day, and we had the most glorious heavy downpours! The rain is supposed to continue off and on into the night, with thunderstorms expected. Even sunshine day after day can get old.
I singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #13989
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
A brisk 60F here, and cloudy. Misting.

My feet are cold. I'm used to not wearing shoes or socks, guess I'll have to change that.
I have a graft on the bottom of my right leg. I am so protective of it. Considering how many times the doctors wanted to amputate it, ....

I don't let anything touch that graft of skin. I sleep with my leg outside of the blanket and sheet. And I NEVER, ever wear socks. Not even in the middle of winter with feet of snow piled over my head. Before my leg developed that hideous large hole, I wore socks all the time. In the winter I would wear knee high socks made with wool. I have never understood folks who wear socks to bed.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #13990
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post

This is exciting, Cheryl! So glad you have rain!