What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I just checked today's weather report (AccuWeather) and it's 60s and 70s all day with an expected high of 73!!!

It was a brutal summer and with hardly a day that I could have the windows open, I have to close them because it's really chilly.

I feel cheated. No Fall.

Usually I can keep the windows open for 2 to 3 months during the fall and the spring.

Grrrrrrr!!!

It seems to me that global warming is alternating with global freezing. Brutal summers followed by brutal winters.

Wow, I just checked today's weather report (AccuWeather) and it's 60s and 70s all day with an expected high of 73!!!

It was a brutal summer and with hardly a day that I could have the windows open, I have to close them because it's really chilly.

I feel cheated. No Fall.

Usually I can keep the windows open for 2 to 3 months during the fall and the spring.

Grrrrrrr!!!

It seems to me that global warming is alternating with global freezing. Brutal summers followed by brutal winters.

We went from summer to fall. Now we are waiting for our Indian Summer. Some years we don't have it. They turned the heat on just in time. Our temps have gone no higher that the 50's. :angel:

Pouring rain, 47°F...I love the rain, but it is difficult driving when it's dark. Everything is glaring.

Pouring rain, 47°F...I love the rain, but it is difficult driving when it's dark. Everything is glaring.

52ºF here and very windy. Had to make a quick run to the store and right into the wind. When I got home, I dug out all my winter stuff. Mittens, ear muffs, etc. Next week we have Indian Summer coming for a couple of days. :angel:

A brisk 60°F here, and cloudy. Misting.

My feet are cold. I'm used to not wearing shoes or socks, guess I'll have to change that.

It was SUNNY today! :w00t2: It has been a cold, damp week; it sure was nice to see blue sky and sunshine. Not much warmer, though, since the highs of the day have been pretty much in the mid-50s all week. The sun and dry air makes it seem warmer - I fool easily.

..Next week we have Indian Summer coming for a couple of days.
Not yet, Addie. You need nighttime temperatures that go down to freezing before the warm days can officially be "Indian Summer". We aren't supposed to go below 40 out here in the wilderness, so there is no way Boston will see night temperatures that low.

I'm surprised you aren't all up on what a true Indian Summer is, since the term originated during colonial times up here. Even when not adhering to the original time frame that constitutes a real Indian Summer (occurring between Nov. 11 and Nov. 20), I've always know it to mean warm weather after a frost.

Enjoy those warm days whenever they happen. After last year, I'm sucking up all the sun I can before the flakes hit the fan!

My excitement for the day is just the opposite of yours, CG. I don't think it got much over 60F all day, and we had the most glorious heavy downpours! :clap: The rain is supposed to continue off and on into the night, with thunderstorms expected. Even sunshine day after day can get old. :ermm::LOL:

My excitement for the day is just the opposite of yours, CG. I don't think it got much over 60F all day, and we had the most glorious heavy downpours! :clap: The rain is supposed to continue off and on into the night, with thunderstorms expected. Even sunshine day after day can get old. :ermm::LOL:

I singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again. :angel:

A brisk 60°F here, and cloudy. Misting.

My feet are cold. I'm used to not wearing shoes or socks, guess I'll have to change that.

I have a graft on the bottom of my right leg. I am so protective of it. Considering how many times the doctors wanted to amputate it, ....

I don't let anything touch that graft of skin. I sleep with my leg outside of the blanket and sheet. And I NEVER, ever wear socks. Not even in the middle of winter with feet of snow piled over my head. Before my leg developed that hideous large hole, I wore socks all the time. In the winter I would wear knee high socks made with wool. I have never understood folks who wear socks to bed. :angel:

This is exciting, Cheryl! So glad you have rain!

I feel cheated. No Fall.

Grrrrrrr!!!

There's been an unusual weather pattern throughput the south this week. I don't think that necessarily means there will be no normal fall weather.

We've had high winds all day and now it's raining again. The high was forecast to be 69 but it never made it past 65. But we're looking forward to sunny low 70s for Tuesday and the rest of the week.

We've had some rain here too today, but nothing worth measuring. Recently I think you get more rain in the desert, than we do here on the coast Cheryl. Odd.

By the way, that was an interesting article about Indian Summer CG. It lead me to more reading about the subject, specifically what it means in the South West. How wonderful it is to track down interesting subjects. I wish my dear Mom had lived long enough to know the internet. She would take me to the library for nearly every question I had. What a remarkable Mom.

Thanks, Princess! :) We sure can use it.

Holy moly, it's still raining. :ohmy: I don't think it quit all night, my street is like a river now and yards are flooded. I read on FB that some locals coming home from trips out of town were having to find alternate routes due to flash flooding.

Nothing near what South Carolina is going through right now - oh my gosh, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are going out for the folks and their loved ones in the middle of that disaster. :( Don't we have a couple of members in that area? Bakechef?

Thanks, Princess! :) We sure can use it.

Holy moly, it's still raining. :ohmy: I don't think it quit all night, my street is like a river now and yards are flooded. I read on FB that some locals coming home from trips out of town were having to find alternate routes due to flash flooding.

Nothing near what South Carolina is going through right now - oh my gosh, my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are going out for the folks and their loved ones in the middle of that disaster. :( Don't we have a couple of members in that area? Bakechef?

Cat is schedule to leave tomorrow by air. She is concerned also. If Joaquim is in the area, they may not be able to take off. :angel:

Oh yes, of course! CatLady is in one of the Carolinas - my brain isn't working very well today. :wacko: Be safe, all!

Oh yes, of course! CatLady is in one of the Carolinas - my brain isn't working very well today. :wacko: Be safe, all!

And CatPat is here from Romania and staying with CatLady. She is here with Nicu a very close family friend. He is the pilot that flew her here in the family plane. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom