What TV shows are you currently watching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Season 4 of True Blood was too all over the place. if they don't change it up for season 5 I may stop watching. The first three seasons were great.

yeah, i'm done with this marley witch thing. they need to develop the characters they have more. i guess they didn't just want to do a new supernatural being every season, so they're awkwardly trying to interweave storylines.

As a lover of Breaking Bad and Fringe, can anyone recommend me a new show? Like something that's been out ages so I have loads of seasons to catch up on? Haha. I was thinking Dexter? Anyone recommend it?

Here on the East Coast, all the good shows start at 9, which is about when I go to bed, if I haven't fallen asleep on the couch already. AND, we just got rid of HBO and the other premium cable channels to cut down on expenses a tad - somehow the idea of paying almost $200/month to watch TV seems obscene.

So anyway, I like many but not all of the HGTV shows. I still like Top Chef. Also like Swamp People, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, WW2 in Color (History channel). And love me some trashy housewives from NJ and Beverly Hills. Hope the NYC version returns.

Here on the East Coast, all the good shows start at 9, which is about when I go to bed, if I haven't fallen asleep on the couch already. AND, we just got rid of HBO and the other premium cable channels to cut down on expenses a tad - somehow the idea of paying almost $200/month to watch TV seems obscene.

So anyway, I like many but not all of the HGTV shows. I still like Top Chef. Also like Swamp People, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, WW2 in Color (History channel). And love me some trashy housewives from NJ and Beverly Hills. Hope the NYC version returns.

I have watched that a time or two. I love Frankie! LOL

I am addicted to food shows:

My favourites are:

MasterChef: Australia (far superior to the original British version and all other versions)

Great British Bake Off (far superior to any other version I have seen so far..)

Keith Floyd. In any show he did. RIP. A total star. (A disaster as a businessman.) He is the guy who made me want to cook food but also enjoy it. (Currently on British TV as repeats.)

Any programme by the Roux family. Proper "food" people who know that it doesn't matter what county you come from - only that you care about what you eat. I have just finished watching the Roux Scholarship 2013.

I love so many other TV food shows too, but these are the ones that seem to be truly about "food" and "cooking" to me.

I watched a 90 minute show on The Great Barrier Reef. You couldn't pay me enough money to go diving there. That place is a war zone. Right now there is show on about the Hawaiian Islands and the seas around them. :angel:

I watched a 90 minute show on The Great Barrier Reef. You couldn't pay me enough money to go diving there. That place is a war zone. Right now there is show on about the Hawaiian Islands and the seas around them. :angel:

Addie, I didn't realize you were a diver! Whatever money they are paying you, if you don't want it, I will take it! Great Barrier Reef is on my Bucket list. Have been to Hawaii.

I would happily snorkel both places.

Last edited:
Addie, I didn't realize you were a diver! Whatever money they are paying you, if you don't want it, I will take it! Great Barrier Reef is on my Bucket list. Have been to Hawaii.

I would happily snorkel both places.

I am not a diver. If I were, that is the last place I would even considering diving in. :angel:

I have a few shows I've been watching: MasterChef, Orphan Black, Continuum, Falling Skies, and Defiance. Can you tell I like Sci-Fi?

Also, even though it's been on for several years, I only just started watching "The Big Bang Theory" recently. I don't know how I missed it the first time around.

LOVE the Big Bang Theory! Our son is an egghead with egghead friends. When they would get together at my folks' home when I was restoring it they acted a lot like the BBT guys. Watching that show is a bit of a throw-back to when we were all together.

I watch very little TV normally, but during the summer (as in BASEBALL season) I watch basically The Chew on ABC and local news. Maybe a Castle rerun late night. Looking forward to a few new shows the networks have been teasing about for this fall: CBS's "The Crazy Ones" with Robin Williams & "Back in the Game" with James Caan. Both look pretty promising.

Have you seen that show? Too many dangerous creatures down there. Sharks are the least of them. I will stay on top of the water and look through a glass bottom boat. :angel:

:LOL: I love dangerous creatures! I've survived many jellyfish and stinging hydroids....will have to look for the show.

BBT is an all-time fave here too. I can rewatch all the reruns.

Last edited:
:LOL: I love dangerous creatures! I've survived many jellyfish and stinging hydroids....will have to look for the show.

BBT is an all-time fave here too. I can rewatch all the reruns.

Portuguese Man O War's are invading the Northeast shores here. Care to visit and walk along our shores? Those creatures are sure BIG! What makes them so dangerous is they can live out of the water for a while and still remain lethal. :angel:

Portuguese Man O War's are invading the Northeast shores here. Care to visit and walk along our shores? Those creatures are sure BIG! What makes them so dangerous is they can live out of the water for a while and still remain lethal. :angel:

Yes, even when they're dead, they can still sting. Thankfully, I haven't encountered one yet, though they're pretty widespread.

MasterChef is on tonight!

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, although it was a wish for a long time, until I watched a few shows about blue-ringed octopus, box jellyfish and great white sharks. All of which are often fatal.

Still on the Bucket List. If my time is up, that's how I'd want to go out! Punching a great white in the nose, wrestling an octopus, will pass on the jellies. They're painful.

I probably wouldn't snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, although it was a wish for a long time, until I watched a few shows about blue-ringed octopus, box jellyfish and great white sharks. All of which are often fatal.

And that is only three of the hundreds of deadly creatures down there. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom