"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #61
Certified Cake Maniac

Beth I love the stairs. I remember when I was in my early twenties I helped my Dad make some new stairs to our very large sundeck (a boyfriend at the time who was an Military Policeman went through 4 of the bottom ones with his army boots). We did the risers and treads and it was a lot of work, but very fulfilling when it was done! Yours look fabulous!

I am glad you are feeling better from your cold and hope Rich is as well. You are both in my thoughts and prayers often.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 02-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #62
Senior Cook

mmmh life is not an easy way , were the one who can manage about this ..we must learn to go with the flow and ride we the tide .

Old 02-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #63
Master Chef

I like your MF ;o))
I hope spring will arrive at your place, too, as it did in G now..

wish you both best days!
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #64
Senior Cook

The prayer is key of all things you want to happened , just be strong ! and dont you ever forget to pray .
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #65
Assistant Cook

my prayers are with u.. be brave!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #66
Master Chef

nothing stops you two, Beth, does it?.........I'm truly amazed and humbled by you and your husband's "let's just deal with life on life's terms" attitude and you have amazingly accomplished so much in the meantime despite the prognosis...........the completion of your stairway and other home projects reflect such a powerful metaphor of taking life one step at a time and moving on and never stopping......that's living life as there is always another project that needs aspiring to ..........what an incredible pair you are and how brave to tackle life on life's terms.....if I have any prayer to offer it's to wish you the strength.......you certainly have the love.......so many hugs .......
Old 03-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #67
Master Chef

Gosh, some how I missed this whole thread. All I can say I will pray for you. I wish you all the best.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #68
Executive Chef

We are 5 1/2 months into this challenge. I find it hard to evaluate dh's condition. I see him failing but he does not see it. We will soon find out who is more correct. He wants to ride his motorcycle to TN in the next few weeks. His weight has remained stable since Dec., but eating is still very problematic. He does okay at home most of the time, but finds it difficult to eat away from home. He feels pressure in his stomach so it is physically impossible to force any food down his throat. His real goal is to ride to a BMW rally in the state of Washington this July, so this trip to TN is a test in his eyes. Hmmmmm.

I have taken over all financial business at this point...this is huge for me. I can remember a time when I could look at a phone bill and understand them.....not that I can understand the current one, but it just reminds me how complicated even phone bills have become. Since December I have been selling off his band equipment on eBay; mixers, speakers, monitors, microphones, volume control stuff, cables, drum sticks, tempo monitoring devices....still have his Zildjian cymbals to go. He has now gone through all his file cabinets and cleaned them out. Last week he completed an emotionally draining task of tearing down the goat area in the barn. He disassembled the hay manger, pens, gates and walls, to make that space usable again. Two weeks ago we had one friend help us paint about 60% of the first floor walls and ceiling. Dh is either working hard on some project here at home, or resting. He is not in the mood for any visitation at this time. "Chatting" with anyone is extremely fatiguing for him, and most people can't comprehend that. He is "chatted" out and feels that all people who have known him have had their opportunity to access him and he wants to be left alone while he is able to accomplish tasks. This wish is proving hard to enforce.

We have had many serendipitous events which have been very happy to experience. An old friend of mine has resurfaced and she is about to help me with getting dh to talk about what kind of service he wants. Dh has always been a planner, but is not keen on this particular project. What we have needed so far has neatly fallen into place.

Dh has been resting more, sometimes taking two naps a day. And he is accepting this!! We will be working on some outside digging projects while we have this lovely weather. I want to dig up the front flower bed to dig out and dispose of some of our dreaded Johnson grass....whatever was that invented for anyway?

And a few more photos: painting the kitchen/dining room, the guest bedroom/storage area while painting, the living room painting, and the living room getting ready to wax and buff the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0819.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	7954   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0845.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7955  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0850.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	7956   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0855.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	7957  

Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #69
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I admire both of you for your courage and your "keep on keeping on" attitude. Not sure I could do as well.

Still sending prayers your way.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #70
Executive Chef

I always forget to say that I appeciate peoples comments, thoughts, prayers and perspectives. They really help me through this. I feel I am only doing what needs to be done and feel humbled by some of the things I read here, like they can't possibly be talking about me. Thank you..