What is yo Thang... Come on in and be yourself...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mseaglecook

Senior Cook
Well, I will start. My thang.. is Star Wars and Tolkien.

Star Wars... story This past November I had the privilege to meet Darth Maul aka Mr. Ray Park.
I gave him a Hallmark card thanking him for sharing his talent with all of us Star Wars fans. He told me nobody ever did that for him before. He gave me the greatest hug and a sweet kiss on the cheek. He was an absolute doll.
5118_2_5a32e87d0b728.jpg

A side note Star Wars Episode I will turn 25 this year. It will hit the big screens in May again... Yeah..

He was the nicest man. They always have the sweetest actors play the most villainous roles.
Darth Maul scared the heck out of me in the movie ... and then to find out he was the sweetest man ever was shocking and funny. He had the strongest bear hug.. it was the best non-romantic hug I have ever had.. ;)

Now listen up board buddies.. I really want to hear what ya'll do for fun...
Is golf your thang?... or knitting?... come on... spill it...

Eat, read cook books, eat, read books, eat, watch tv mysteries/adventure, etc. eat, sleep, drink coffee, eat, drink wine, eat - sleep.

Best of my fun days in two lines.

woops! forgot DC!! and falling down rabbit holes.

I am a giant nerd... I love all things space and Tolkien...

My sons go to Comic Cons all the time...

Last year for my birthday they got me three autographs...

Sam (hobbit from LOTR) aka Sean Astin
The Hulk (big green guy from the 70's) aka Lou Ferrigno
James T. Kirk ( You all know who he is) I got freaking Kirk's autograph... Ha!!!

In college I met Scotty aka (James Doohan)

Eat, read cook books, eat, read books, eat, watch tv mysteries/adventure, etc. eat, sleep, drink coffee, eat, drink wine, eat - sleep.

Best of my fun days in two lines.

woops! forgot DC!! and falling down rabbit holes.
Don't forget World traveler... :clap:

Btw... If ya'll don't start posting what you are into I am going to make up stuff for you...

Who will be my first victim... :unsure:
I suggest you take a few of the most well known people here, knowing what you know from what they've shared, and then extrapolate from there. :ROFLMAO:

Lately this past few years watercolor painting is my THANG. And being supportive of my husband's bee keeping, helping when needed, coming up with ideas and offering my opinion, doing research when needed.

The painting thing is crazy. I'll start a painting and then at some point I stop thinking and the painting takes over. I don't have an idea where I'm going with it but I just follow what the paint or pencil wants to do. I just go with it. Sometimes those are the best ones of all. After that, someone will ask me, why I did it that way or what is it supposed to be, and I tell them the truth, I have no idea. :oops: I only know how it makes me feel and I love doing it.:)

I love cooking, learning about different cuisines, music, guitar/piano, dancing (hip-hop/K-pop choreographed dance styles/robot). Though I'm probably more focused on cooking and music now. I grew up with a housewife mom who wasn't the greatest cook but she was very good and I guess I got my love of cooking from her. As far as music we are an insanely musical family, with my dad (and his family, he played bass guitar) having gotten 2nd place in a regional amateur musician tournament (he's still a bit salty, as the 1st place winners were professional musicians who had their own band, and yet weren't disqualified though it wasn't technically allowed.). My mom has an amazing voice, and when she was 8-14 she toured with the all city choir from Minnesota (you had to audition and only 30 spots were allowed) around the states honing her skills. My older sisters (twins) both played piano for 15 years each, and my one sis loves drums while the other continued in piano.

One more post before this thread dies... LOL

I am into LOTR and all that comes with it. I read fan fics and enjoy LOTR artwork.

I thought I would share a few examples of my favorite LOTR artwork.

These first two pics are from a Russian artist who is a lotr fan. She mostly focuses on elves.

The first pic is one she was commissioned to create and it is two random guys.
tumblr_615104748c2072d01527f37be67a0dac_9cc8ebe9_1280.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom