What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched Happy Feet the other night. It was okay but the plot moved a bit slower than DH could stand. This afternoon I watched Cotton Patch Gospel. Very good musical about the Gospel if Jesus were born in modern day American South. Funny and music by Harry Chapin is awesome.

In the theatre, "Borat", funny but not as good as the Ali G Show.

At home (not including "Barney"), "FlightPlan" with Jodie Foster. It was a bit far fetched but entertaining none the less.

We saw Bridge to Terabithia the other night. Beautiful film, though, as it was so with Cronicles of Narnia, the background scenery had some room for improvement. Kids were great, I especially liked the little sis of Jesse.
However I was rather shocked to learn that according to the original story Lesley wasn't supposed to die. It seemed rather unnecessary to me as well, and now I wonder why the heck the film makers had to kill her off.

No, she does die in the story. I read it recently for a course I'm taking called Children's Lit. Haven't seen the movie yet, but so far I've heard that they changed a lot of what was in the book before bringing it to the big screen. Maybe that's why Leslie's death seemed unnecessary? In the book it worked well. . . gave the plot a bittersweet ending and had me thinking about it long after I'd finished. I'll have to see the movie to further determine all this.

Cherryred, thanks for the input... now I would really like to read the original story.:)

Yesterday I saw the Illusionist. GB is right, it was a brilliant film, so good it was worthy of getting into my all time fave list!! I will stop at that as I would like everyone to see it and fully enjoy this extraordinary film!!

Firewater, now I will go check out "the prestige" as soon as I get a chance... looks really good, too!!

Prestige is highly recommended here, as is the Illusionist. Both movies had me shaking my head in the last five minutes saying to myself "How did I miss that???"

Just watched The Good Shepherd. I love a good spy flick - not James Bond, with explosions every three minutes, but an acutal storyline of intrigue - and this one did not disappoint.

We just watched the documentary about John Lennon called "the U.S. vs. John Lennon" - it was about how the FBI and Nixon thought Lennon could turn support in the U.S. away from the Vietnam War - really very interesting. Lots of good footage and interviews.

The Illusionist was great! I'd definitely reccommend it to anyone looking for new movies to see.

Last night I finally saw The Departed. That's another one that's worth seeing.

Inside Man... that was fairly decent... one you need to pay attention to. I can't wait to see the Illusionist... I love Ed Norton!!!

Later tonight I'm watching the pilot mini series for Battlestar Galactica, the boy has been trying to get me into the show!

I very rarely watch any movie ( except my beloved LOTR trilogy!) but today I watched two. TWO!! :) This is what happens when you semi retire your business.:rolleyes:

'HollowMan' with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Shue.. :mad:

and then ' Jumbo' with Debbie Reynolds.:cool:

Sigh...gimme the old movies anyday.

redkitty said:
Later tonight I'm watching the pilot mini series for Battlestar Galactica, the boy has been trying to get me into the show!

Battlestar is one of my fave TV shows. Hated the miniseries, but then watched the extended version of it and fell in love with it. I have all the DVDs and was very upset when they ended this season. :(

phinz said:
Battlestar is one of my fave TV shows. Hated the miniseries, but then watched the extended version of it and fell in love with it. I have all the DVDs and was very upset when they ended this season. :(

Loved it and now I'm hooked! Going to buy season 1 this weekend. ;)

Just saw "The Davinci code light" err... National Treasure.

Freemasons? Check!
Knights Templar? Check!
Big Secret? Check!
Church Involvement?? No?!? Shoot - I guess we need a new name for it then....

John

The Pursuit of Happyness.

I just bought it on DVD earlier this month. I DID also see it in the theater on opening day just before Christmas.

It was sad, but heartwarming. Will Smith and his son little Jaden give quite a powerful performance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom