"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #1301
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro New York
Posts: 8,764
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine l View Post
Ditto I enjoy JFK and all Kennedy's (I am from MA after all!)
If you're a Kennedy fan, you would enjoy the new cookbook, "In the Kennedy Kitchen," by Neil Connolly, who was the chef at Hyannisport for Rose and Teddy in the '80s and '90s. Beautiful photos, story and great recipes, to boot!

Movie-wise, last week I attended the NY premier of "Bottle Shock," the loosely construed story of Chateau Montelena and their "win" over the French chardonnays in the "Judgment of Paris." It was a good story, and the scenery was beautiful (how can you top Napa Valley?) even if it much of it was fictitious.
__________________

__________________
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #1302
Chief Eating Officer
 
GB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA,Massachusetts
Posts: 25,509
We watched My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Man what a horrible movie that was. Thankfully we saw it for free. I would have been furious if I spend even $0.25 on it.
__________________

__________________
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #1303
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
We are going to see Incredible Hulk this afternoon. Any comments? I don't think it was popular one to see. Well, I liked Ironman so hope this one acceptable.

Anyone see movie 21 with Kevin Spacey. Really good.
__________________
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #1304
Head Chef
 
LT72884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UTAH, BABY
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
We are going to see Incredible Hulk this afternoon. Any comments? I don't think it was popular one to see. Well, I liked Ironman so hope this one acceptable.

Anyone see movie 21 with Kevin Spacey. Really good.
its really good, pay attention at the very end of the movie because there is an importnat comment made by the general talking to someone very important..

21 is my fav movie because my uncle used to do that. he was very very good at counting cards and gambling back in the 70's. I think he even read the book by the MIT student.
__________________
*A substitute for human interaction* - I really need to find a girl whos name doesnt end with .JPG
http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #1305
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
its really good, pay attention at the very end of the movie because there is an importnat comment made by the general talking to someone very important..

21 is my fav movie because my uncle used to do that. he was very very good at counting cards and gambling back in the 70's. I think he even read the book by the MIT student.
Oh, am I thankful I can TELL someone where I am going! My friends do wonder about me not going to see the movies they think are best. Something about Sex or City Sex. If I can avoid seeing something w/o sex, seems more appealing to me at least not actually see people with clothes off. Must be my age! I know it is important in some stories but rather have them talk about their feelings than show them.

I sure will watch the very end LT72884! Thanks for sharing, otherwise maybe would want to beat the crowd to parking lot.

AND you LIKED 21. Great! Sure kept my interest. To have relative with that kind of intelligence hope he is doing well and never had to go through what those guys did. I sure feared what was going to happen to Kevin at the end. Really a twist at the end. Just loved it. I could see that kind of movie again.

Thanks again. Sure helped.
__________________
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #1306
Head Chef
 
LT72884's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UTAH, BABY
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Oh, am I thankful I can TELL someone where I am going! My friends do wonder about me not going to see the movies they think are best. Something about Sex or City Sex. If I can avoid seeing something w/o sex, seems more appealing to me at least not actually see people with clothes off. Must be my age! I know it is important in some stories but rather have them talk about their feelings than show them.

I sure will watch the very end LT72884! Thanks for sharing, otherwise maybe would want to beat the crowd to parking lot.

AND you LIKED 21. Great! Sure kept my interest. To have relative with that kind of intelligence hope he is doing well and never had to go through what those guys did. I sure feared what was going to happen to Kevin at the end. Really a twist at the end. Just loved it. I could see that kind of movie again.

Thanks again. Sure helped.
LOL no my uncle did not get caught. He is a very smart person. Won the commandant award twice in a row from the military with like 97% or higher. i think that was it, any way the reason i say pay attention, if you liked iron man, youll see what i mean
__________________
*A substitute for human interaction* - I really need to find a girl whos name doesnt end with .JPG
http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org
LT72884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #1307
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
LOL no my uncle did not get caught. He is a very smart person. Won the commandant award twice in a row from the military with like 97% or higher. i think that was it, any way the reason i say pay attention, if you liked iron man, youll see what i mean
Special thanks. So happy you saw Iron Man really different.
__________________
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #1308
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
LOL no my uncle did not get caught. He is a very smart person. Won the commandant award twice in a row from the military with like 97% or higher. i think that was it, any way the reason i say pay attention, if you liked iron man, youll see what i mean
Oh, I laughed when it came to the end. I certainly was waiting till the end and am I thankful I did. Wonder if anyone else got the significance of him showing up at the end. Everyone, including myself, enjoyed the Hulk the guy who played that part did good job and the animations were so outstanding. I really questioned whether I should go but went because you informed me about the end.

Do you know we went when it was still daylight outside and I could not see a blasted thing when I got in there. Everyone else were getting seats and I kept asking where they were? I said out loud that I couldn't see, some guy with deep voice behind me said, tough lady ain't it? I told him I was sorry and just didn't want to sit on the floor. He didn't find humor in it. Had his arms full of refreshments and I was holding him up. I think I should stay home and wait for it on tv. Alt hough I thank you LT at least I knew someone who knew something about it. They all asked what you meant and i just told them they had to wait cause I didn't know.

I could see Ironman again, couldn't you?
__________________
In the Kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #1309
Executive Chef
 
miniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Basingstoke, England
Posts: 4,687
I just rewatched Good Morning Vietnam. Much sadder than I remembered. I love Robin Williams and will watch anything he is in several times over.
__________________
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #1310
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Park Drive Bar/Grill Los Angeles
Posts: 9,639
I watched two chick flicks last night. Serendipity and Definitely, Maybe.
__________________

__________________
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.