What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"For Whom the Bell Tolls" - a documentary about John McCain. It was originally on HBO but was shown on CNN Sunday night, I taped it for Mom because she didn't remember watching it when on HBO.

He was a good man, no matter what his political leanings were.
Yes, I thought that when I was listening to the BBC's obituary.

And I was appalled when the report of the first comment from Donald Duck was broadcast on the BBC news. Apparently, he was a little more circumspect on his second attempt.

OK, I know - no politics here.

Yes, I thought that when I was listening to the BBC's obituary.

And I was appalled when the report of the first comment from Donald Duck was broadcast on the BBC news. Apparently, he was a little more circumspect on his second attempt.

OK, I know - no politics here.

Donald Duck? I like it.

No more politics, I'm sorry. Suppose we discuss Aretha Franklin instead?

Watched The Accountant. Good movie, nothing spectacular but I enjoyed it. then I laughed and chuckled all thru the ending - good one!

Not to be cynical, but I think I've seen this movie already in one of those Cable TV docs about his life. It was a semi dramatized documentry, his life with look alike actors. How much this movie will do beyond that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
mother!

It's a movie with symbolism of the bible with Cain and Abel, with Adam and Eve and his rib, with creation and destruction and the plagues.

It's a movie about mother earth and God and how we as humans are destroying it and overpopulating it.

It's a movie about the narcissist and the ever giving suffering victim willing to give until it kills her. She gives all her talents, her efforts, her love, her child, and all of that is consumed by Him and his masses and his massive need for adoration from his fans.

It's a movie in a house in no particular location, with unreal things happening as the house falls apart, with characters with no names sinking lower and lower, only mother and Him, like a fevered dream, that repeats itself. Everything returns to ash and the story begins again.

It's a movie about a man and woman living in a house that bleeds and eventually falls apart.

Take your pick! It's a movie to meet your needs if you want to feel unsettled. Does it have a happy ending? It depends on your viewpoint.

If it's all about that, then it's on the same level of interest with me as the bio pic about Liberace, starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. A life and times sorta pic. A lot of people died of AIDS besides this rock and roll legend. I'll be watching to see just what this film brings that is more. Love of his music and AIDS? There's a fine line between that and exploitation sakes for popular appeal. A bio-pic is all I expect. Which isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Three Billboards should have won the best picture Oscar instead of Shape of Water.

Billboards was a terrific film. I can't help but wonder how much the long awkward title hurt it.

Back
Top Bottom