What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meee too.......^^^

I saw Lady Gaga on the Ellen show talking about it. She had on a stunning dress and looked just beautiful. I actually like her.
I'm going a bit off topic.. (sorry PF...;))
I'd never paid much attention to her until I saw a show of her singing with Tony Bennett.. She is an amazing talent.. :)

Ross

I'm going a bit off topic.. (sorry PF...;))
I'd never paid much attention to her until I saw a show of her singing with Tony Bennett.. She is an amazing talent.. :)

Ross

No sorry needed, I started paying attention to Lady Gaga after watching the same show. She is amazing.

She does have a beautiful voice! My daughter has the CD of Gaga and Bennett singing together, and it's amazing. I looked up the video that Kay mentioned of Lady Gaga on the Ellen show last week, and enjoyed it. I'm so looking forward to seeing the movie - hopefully at the matinee this coming week.

I also want to see 'The Old Man and the Gun' (I think that's the name of it), with 82-year old Robert Redford, and Sissy Spacek as the leading lady. That looks like a good one - love them both. :)

She does have a beautiful voice! My daughter has the CD of Gaga and Bennett singing together, and it's amazing. I looked up the video that Kay mentioned of Lady Gaga on the Ellen show last week, and enjoyed it. I'm so looking forward to seeing the movie - hopefully at the matinee this coming week.

I also want to see 'The Old Man and the Gun' (I think that's the name of it), with 82-year old Robert Redford, and Sissy Spacek as the leading lady. That looks like a good one - love them both. :)
Jeannie and I are going to check with our local cinema for both.. :)
Ross

We watched Hold the Dark a few nights ago. Beautiful movie made from a twisted story with a frustrating ending. I can see why it has only three stars for a rating. The Alaskan landscape was gorgeous and the tension was palpable, but the story just left you unfulfilled.

We also watched Like Father last night. We really enjoyed it a lot. We thought it would be funnier than it was, but it was just a fun movie about complicated relationships with some humor thrown in.

Saw Ocean 8 last night, kids talk me into it. Well, I love how Hollywood promotes the crime, the violence, etc., but then they turn around and criticize such criminal activities.

Kay, I also read this would be his last movie. As many, I grew up watching his movies and still love him to this day. :)

Here's a brief summary of The Old Man and The Gun, in case anyone wants to read about it:

.....based on the true story of Forrest Tucker (Robert Redford), from his audacious escape from San Quentin at the age of 70 to an unprecedented string of heists that confounded authorities and enchanted the public. Wrapped up in the pursuit are detective John Hunt (Casey Affleck), who becomes captivated with Forrest's commitment to his craft, and a woman (Sissy Spacek), who loves him in spite of his chosen profession.

We just got back from the Sunday matinee (what was I thinking). The theater was packed and it's a good thing we got there very early to get the prime seats we like.
We both loved "A Star is Born". They were both wonderful in the classic parts but
Bradley Cooper was over the top spectacular!

Last edited:
Yay! Thanks for another stellar review on the movie, Kay. I read that Bradley :wub: took singing lessons for 18 months to prepare before filming even started.

Yay! Thanks for another stellar review on the movie, Kay. I read that Bradley :wub: took singing lessons for 18 months to prepare before filming even started.

No doubt about it, that man can sing, but more than that he can deliver a song, not to mention speak to the heart.

I must add though that there were hundreds of F bombs. Very distracting rather than shocking imo.

Last edited:
The second act of "A Star is Born" is supposed to be not that poignant. Also, some say Gaga is not a true actress, besides her role.

I'll check this movie out on cable, a month from now.

Last edited:
Also, some say .... is not a true actress, besides her role.

I'm curious.. please define "a true actress" ??

I've always thought of an 'actress' (or actor) as someone who portrayed someone or something other than themselves - usually to entertain others.

They could be good or bad at it but they were still "acting".

I'm curious.. please define "a true actress" ??

I've always thought of an 'actress' (or actor) as someone who portrayed someone or something other than themselves - usually to entertain others.

They could be good or bad at it but they were still "acting".
He probably means she's not a trained actress. There have been quite a few singers, comics and other entertainers who also acted in movies after they became famous for something else. Barbra Streisand, who starred in the 1976 remake of "A Star is Born," comes to mind. She was a successful singer before she became an actress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom