What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw the preview, but for some reason the whole concept sounded wrong to me. Why would two do-gooders battle each other? Though it did look exciting.

We finally finished the Star Wars series (reviewing the first 6) so we can FINALLY see the new one. TB had to watch each one in chronological order (as opposed to filming order) to make sure we had the whole story down before we went on to number 7.

I also watched "The Vow". I am getting my fill of Channing Tatum movies lately (Kay has been having me watch them all with her, including the two Magic Mikes!).

We finally finished the Star Wars series (reviewing the first 6) so we can FINALLY see the new one. TB had to watch each one in chronological order (as opposed to filming order) to make sure we had the whole story down before we went on to number 7.

TBH I didn't have the patience to sit through 6 starwars movies.

Seven seemed to be something different entirely, since there appeared to be a new directing crew.

We still haven't started working our way through the previous Star Wars films. Looks like we can skip Episode I based on a blogger's explanation and many other articles that refer to The Machete Order. Since I personally have seen only the first two releases (kinda got busy with kids after 1981) I figure it can only be a good thing to not watch a movie with Jar-Jar Binks. If you loved that character and can give me a good reason to watch a movie that seems to reference a great deal of characters that do not show up in any other episode, I will entertain comments. Doesn't mean I still won't watch it (per what I've read), but I'll read the comments. ;)

This last one stands alone fine, imo. They reference enough of the previous stories while continuing on for it to make sense. I can't remember whether we've even seen all of the previous episodes.

Batman is a vigilante... some people don't like vigilantes.

Especially vigilantes played by Ben Affleck.

Last edited:
When Alan Rickman died this week, I heard that people found him a likeable villain. He does have a certain persuasive charm that comes through.

I rented A Walk In The Woods (with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte) from itunes and watched it last night on my tablet while camped in the woods.
The film gave me a few laughs, but overall it was a so so film...

Last edited:
Today we went to see The Revenant, based on the story of Hugh Glass. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Glass

It's sure not for the faint of heart, but we both thought it was a terrific film. I'm very interested in seeing how it does at the Golden Globes tonight.
http://variety.com/2015/film/review...rdo-dicaprio-alejandro-g-inarritu-1201649080/

Oh lordy. We went to the Sunday matinee today to see this, and it was awesome! I see a few Oscars. We even got DH home in time to watch his beloved Hawkeyes. Non-stop action, and absolutely fascinating. Now I'm going to look into getting the book.

Last edited:
Oh lordy. We went to the Sunday matinee today to see this, and it was awesome! I see a few Oscars. We even got DH home in time to watch his beloved Hawkeyes. Non-stop action, and absolutely fascinating. Now I'm going to look into getting the book.

Glad you felt the same Dawg. I've seen 3 of the Oscar nominations for best picture so far. I hope to see more. I would rate them..(all were excellent)
1. Revenant
2. Bridge of Spies
3. The Martian

Glad you felt the same Dawg. I've seen 3 of the Oscar nominations for best picture so far. I hope to see more. I would rate them..(all were excellent)
1. Revenant
2. Bridge of Spies
3. The Martian

Thanks for the recs, Kay! Our little cinema is only a few minutes from our place. DH thought he forgot his glasses at home, so he drove back, only to find they'd fallen into the back seat of the car...arrrghh. Thankfully he got back for the start of the movie. We missed the previews.

Last edited:
"On the Way to School" last night on Netflix -- documentary about 4 kids in 4 parts of the world who face tons of obstacles just to get to school everyday. The 4 kids are from Argentina, India, Kenya, and Morocco.

It makes you realize how lucky we are to live in developed nations.

You might want to check out this interesting article Dawg.. especially about women are to "delicate" for this move. LOL
What, or who, is a 'revenant'?

Drat, I keep getting popped off your link, Kay. DH was much more grossed out than I. Other than the guy behind me who kept crinkling his candy bag, there was not a peep in the theater. I was surprised at how many single men that came in to watch the movie solo. Maybe that might be a new way to meet men, single ladies!

Drat, I keep getting popped off your link, Kay. DH was much more grossed out than I. Other than the guy behind me who kept crinkling his candy bag, there was not a peep in the theater. I was surprised at how many single men that came in to watch the movie solo. Maybe that might be a new way to meet men, single ladies!

:LOL: It sounds like the women who weren't there with the men drank the "too delicate" kool aid. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom