What's your ethnic heritage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XoXo

Assistant Cook
Recently my parents were doing our family tree and found out we had some ancestors from Ireland which I found interesting. Is their anything interesting in your family tree? Possibly a famous ancestor? What is your ethnicity from both your mother and fathers side?

My father is Irish and English
My mother is German

My mother is Swedish (75%) and German (25%)
My father is Norwegian, English, Irish, Welsh

Lots of interesting ancestors in my family tree.

As far as I know, I'm a bottle of ketchup. I didn't meet my real father until I was 18. Mom said he has some German in him, but who knows. On my Mom's side, it's mostly english with alittle Swede.

My father is 100% Scottish.
My mother is 100% Cajun (85% French and 15% Old World Spanish)

Last edited:
Mom's a 100% Swed

Dad's a 100% Brit

My great grandmother on my moms side was the seamstress for the Swedish Royal family. I haven't studied up on my moms side too much :(

My dads side, all(men) fought in the wars and are the typical, strong/stoic, Steel workers from Sheffield. My Nan has the most amazing stories of the Blitz, talk about a whole other generation.

I'm kind of a mixture. A lot of Irish, a medium bit of Austrian-Croation, and a pinch of Italian.

I've been mistaken for full Italian, with my skin tone and dark hair and I burn in the sun like a true Irishman, but my freckles do hold hands and I don't spend the summer pasty white. My husband said I inherited my voluptuousness from my Austrian-Croation side.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have two younger sisters and I think they got the short end of the stick in that department or I got all those genes instead.

i'm 50/50 irish and norwegian.
my maternal grandparents emigrated to the usa from norway with a large family, but when they got here they added 1 more, my mom. later, some moved back to norway so i still have cousins there.

my paternal grandparents emigrated to the us, had my dad after wwi, then moved back to ireland and had more kids. so my dad was born american but raised in ireland. they all moved back to the u.s. just before wwii.

German-Irish

I'm Irish on my maternal side and German on my paternal side of the family.

My maternal grandparents came to the U.S. from Sicily in the early 1900s. My paternal great grandfather came here from Bavaria in the mid 1800s, and my paternal grandmother's family came to the shores of Lake Erie on a land grant from the King of England, then emigrated to Canada after the revolution because the new Government kept letting all those "damn foreigners" in!

irish and italian. the only thing i got from the italian side was being short. my sister has the Italian hair and skin color but is 5'11". i am 5'2" very fair skin for me, guess that is the irish. i burn like crazy but no freckles. but mostly i am american.

Family members that have done some research tell me that our family has Scottish ancestors. I reckon one of these days I need to sit down and review their research.

My Dad's side of the family comes from Germany and my Mom's side is from Ireland.

I'm 100% Southern USA.

I'm exactly your European heritage Timothy but I'm a California girl through and through.

My mother had a branch of our family tree done when I was a child, and it turns out thart Benjamin Franklin was our my many times great uncle.
The whole family has always referred to him as "Uncle Benjy" :)

English ~ Irish ~ Dutch ancestors came over on boats....While others met them at the dock.

Me? I am an American by birth, and a Southerner by the Grace of God!!

I'm exactly your European heritage Timothy but I'm a California girl through and through.

My mother had a branch of our family tree done when I was a child, and it turns out thart Benjamin Franklin was our my many times great uncle.

No kidding? My many times great great uncle showed him how to build kites when he was a kid.

:LOL:

Well, are you a "Southern California" girl or a NorCal girl? You might be a Southerner too!:ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO::wacko:

Oh, and I forgot to include that I"m a direct decentant of Light Horse Harry Lee, Robert E. Lee's Daddy.

Last edited:
French-Canadian on both sides, a small dollop of Indian which I think is the norm for that, on both sides. My paternal family came down from Quebec when my dad's older siblings were young children (he was born in New Hampshire). Mom's family migrated south to NH during her parents' generation. Have no idea who came over from France, when, or how.

Back
Top Bottom