"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #31
Master Chef

We store a lot of large kitchen items in the garage, along with overflows from every other room in the house. Our 2 car garage is one big storage room.....no room for vehicles....lol.... It's been that way since we bought the house 20 years ago...lol....Everything got dumped in the garage.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #32
Master Chef

Imagine I have two kitchens in one. What a pain, with double of everything. I need a bigger house.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
Imagine I have two kitchens in one. What a pain, with double of everything. I need a bigger house.
Oh, that's right, Charlie, you keep a Kosher kitchen, doubles.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #34
Head Chef

Yeah, excess kitchenware from the kitchen gets stored on shelves in my garage also.

And the garage is where my 3 freezers, and extra refrigerator live.
The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #35
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Steve--I gather you are out of the "he/she with the most toys wins" contest? $20,000 is the prize (or so I heard). I can't find the link right now...I'm in contention , and I think Dawglover is right up there with me...
No, I'm definitely not a gadget guy when it comes to kitchen stuff (home entertainment is another story, though). I'm always trying to give things away. If you need extra stuff to help you win, let me know. I'll be happy to donate to the cause.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, that's right, Charlie, you keep a Kosher kitchen, doubles.
I'm threatening to put a 2nd kitchen in the basement...but I get so tired of running up and down the stairs...my dream house would be mostly kitchen...since that's where I seem to spend all of my time when I'm not with the chickens or at my desk....
Old 04-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #37
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My dream house is a kitchen with a bath attached...I guess a cubby for sleeping.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #38
Senior Cook

I have a very small kitchen & no dining room. So small in fact that we got rid of our kitchen table. I have muffin pans, cake pans, some pots & pans hanging on the wall in the laundry room. Also installed some shelves high enough to walk under in the laundry room for my favorite frying pans. The laundry room is also home to a small cheap China cabinet / hutch. In our office there are a few book shelves with extra space where a pretty pitcher or mug might be used here & there for bookends. I have two large bookshelves in the kitchen, both on wheels, one in front of the other that I have appliances & odd cook/bakeware. I have to roll the front one out of the way when I want anything from the back shelf. Then ... my Dad lives next door. BAHAHAHAHA! His second back porch has been built into a room & houses any kitchen gadgets or cookware too large or seldom used until I need it. We need to just build us a new house so this mess can take over & the whole place will be a kitchen. Then maybe I could install a commercial walk in fridge & freezer.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #39
Half Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
My dream house is a kitchen with a bath attached...I guess a cubby for sleeping.
My wifes family in Maine have a small bathroom right off the dining room table which is full of people the entire time the famiy visits. After the 3rd or 4th time she interupted me while contemplating the meaning of life. I threatened to drive back to the by myself and fly home to CA by myself.
I could have sat in on a game of poker the bathroom is so close. NEVER DO I WANT A BATH OFF THE KITCHEN!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4meandthem View Post
My wifes family in Maine have a small bathroom right off the dining room table which is full of people the entire time the famiy visits. After the 3rd or 4th time she interupted me while contemplating the meaning of life. I threatened to drive back to the by myself and fly home to CA by myself.
I could have sat in on a game of poker the bathroom is so close. NEVER DO I WANT A BATH OFF THE KITCHEN!
LOL! If I get the kitchen I want, you can bet I'd be getting the bathroom I want, too! Aside from those two rooms, the rest of the house is just...there.

Tags
kitchen