Who do you think is the next American Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think is the next American Idol?

• Elliott Yamin

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Taylor Hicks

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Katharine McPhee

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaheen

Senior Cook
I was so disheartened when Chris was voted out. He is so talented and was undoubtedly the best among them all. From among the final three I like quite like Taylor.

I have never seen so much contraversy over someone being voted off as I have seen for Chris. It is STILL on every news and talk shows. This one was definately wrong!! Since he is gone, the only other one that I can think of, mostly for his stage performance, and sometimes his sound, is Taylor. Katherine has a beautiful voice as long as she is singing her own sound. I don't like Elliot at all, dh calls him Festus {Gunsmoke}
Anyway, I just can't seem to care now.

Texasgirl, I am with you. I am so disgusted about Chris being voted off - he WAS the next American Idol! I do like Taylor and will probably vote for him - if I continue to watch - which I will, I'm sure, but I am still mad:mad: :mad: :mad: !

Katherine has a nice voice, but like you said, singing her own songs - slow drab dreary - I get sick of that. I do not and never have understood why the judges like Elliott so much. He is a nice guy, but talent wise, IMO, should have gone a while back.

Okay, go Taylor!

Well, since those are the only 3 I have to say Elliott, if you close your eyes, he really does have a great voice, and last week he did do awesome. But I thought for sure Chris would win. did you see on the web sites, that people are saying that they voted for Chris, and the phone lines switched to kathryn? So they are demanding a re-vote?
Actually I was kinda thinking that, they are just out to sell records, and Chris will sell records if he wins american idol or not.. so they fix it so that Chris loses and one of the other wins. I kinda thought of that with Clay and Ruben...... clay has sold TONS of records and didn't win. I dunno.. just no interest in watching anymore. Kathryn is cocky, and Taylor.. I just don't like his type of music.. last week I didn't think he was that great, but he is unique, so people vote for him. Poor Elliott, just cause of the way he looks, people won't vote for him. * sigh* Oh well, everybody has they own opinons of music :)

Debbie said:
Well, since those are the only 3 I have to say Elliott, if you close your eyes, he really does have a great voice, and last week he did do awesome. But I thought for sure Chris would win. did you see on the web sites, that people are saying that they voted for Chris, and the phone lines switched to kathryn? So they are demanding a re-vote?
Actually I was kinda thinking that, they are just out to sell records, and Chris will sell records if he wins american idol or not.. so they fix it so that Chris loses and one of the other wins. I kinda thought of that with Clay and Ruben...... clay has sold TONS of records and didn't win. I dunno.. just no interest in watching anymore. Kathryn is cocky, and Taylor.. I just don't like his type of music.. last week I didn't think he was that great, but he is unique, so people vote for him. Poor Elliott, just cause of the way he looks, people won't vote for him. * sigh* Oh well, everybody has they own opinons of music :)

I don't care what anyone looks like, I don't like his sound. I do like most of what Taylor sings. And, he has personality.

Debbie Said: "Elliott, if you close your eyes, he really does have a great voice" - That's so funny 'cause I close my eyes too & he sounds really great! For some reason his voice just does not go with his looks - I'm sure if he wins he'll get his teeth fixed though. It's hard to believe Chris is gone - I don't see how all those millions of calls can even get thru in 2 hours time. We were in Hawaii last week & I really wondered how it worked for them. The time difference meant we were watching it when the time was 1:00 a.m. central time!

Well, I think the powers that be voted Chris off. Look at it this way. He would have been the next American Idol. That is a single channel of money they could have made.
Why not have TWO channels of money? You see Chris is under contract with American Idol if he makes a record. We know he will. Simon will profit from that.
Now follow me here. While Chris is bringing in the bucks, so can the new American Idol!
If Taylor is nominated.... he is hard to market. Gray hair and a very niche style and sound.
If Katherine McPhee :)wub:) is nominated she is very easy to market! And Simon will rake in the dough!!! Not only does he have Chris (instant hit guys! A no-brainer) who we KNOW will succeed, but THEN.... his other money stream will come from the nominated American Idol.

All about money and strategy if you ask ME. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom