Who Is Your Favorite Celebrity Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
Ok, guys. Who do you admire as your favorite celebrity chef?:ermm:

Mine are Emeril Lagasse, Paula Deen, Ming Tsai, Giada DeLaurentis, Rachel Ray, Mario Batali and Bobby Flay.:chef:

~Corey123.

Hmmmm - fine line, surely? Most 'celebrity chefs' only become so when they appear on TV:chef:

If we're talking chefs, I'll take Paula Deen - she seems to be the sweetest lady out there! (and what I wouldn't give to be her next door neighbor!)

I agree about Paula Deen!! I also really like Ainsley Harriott; I never missed his shows when they were shown here in the US. I even like Gordon Ramsey, he may be very tough but the guy knows what he is doing.

Most recently it's been Curtis Stone from TLCs "Take Home Chef." But I think it's because I have developed somewhat of a crush on him. (he is so gorgeous!) Hehe.

As far as cooking goes, I really like chef Michael Smith (from "Chef at Home" - it's a canadian cooking show so you US folk might not be familiar with him), Masahara Morimoto (from Iron Chef and Iron Chef America), and Jamie Oliver. (from Naked Chef, School Lunch Project, etc.)

grumblebee said:
Most recently it's been Curtis Stone from TLCs "Take Home Chef." But I think it's because I have developed somewhat of a crush on him. (he is so gorgeous!) Hehe.

How could I forget HIM??? you're not the only one who thinks he's gorgeous!

The thing is, I recognize some of the places he 'shops' in! They're only about 15 miles away from me. If only I could start shopping there....:glare:

PS - did you see his Malibu Rum/Pineapple concoction?

There are really four celebrity chefs I really like, though the order is constantly changing.

Emeril Lagasse - Energetic, animated, and can prepare meals from the most basic to the most elegant.

Bobby Flay - Quickly rising to the top of my favorite chefs, mainly because I've taken to his preference to the Southwest flavors and barbeque. That, and being married to Stephanie March!

Paula Dean - Outside of her nasaly voice and laugh, this woman cooks the way I like! Lots of food, plenty hot, and yummy rich! Cracker Barrel Restaurant, eat your heart out!

Mario Batali - Though I oft struggle with the speed of his monologue (sp?), the guy is certainly high on the list of Italian chefs in the world. He loves to tap in to his knowledge of the history of food in Italy and the types of food available in the various regions. He certainly favors elegant presentation, which is certainly not wrong, but for a budding entrepreneur in culinary arts, maintaining an upper end style can be difficult without establishing your niche.

Paula Deen IS great!!

Her husband Michael even sometimes gets in on the act himself with her in the kitchen! But I have yet to see him really throw down! I bet he can cook a really mean meal!!

Her two sons are about to start their own show, but I think it's going to be somewhere along the lines of Al Roker's show, Roker on the Road.

~Corey123.

Ishbel said:
Hmmmm - fine line, surely? Most 'celebrity chefs' only become so when they appear on TV:chef:

I like Alton Brown's SHOW, but I wouldn't wouldn't include him in my Top 5 TV 'Chefs'.

I like:
Bobby Flay
Giada De Laurentiis
Jamie Oliver
Emeril
Rachel Ray (is she a 'chef'?... I guess)

Corey123 said:
Ok, guys. Who do you admire as your favorite celebrity chef?~Corey123.

Favorite (celebrity) chef - Wolfgang Puck - from the first time I sampled his cooking at Spago.

Favorite TV celebrity chef(s):

Giada and Mario (I love Italian).

Ina - Everything she prepares looks like a party.

Rachael - For everyday quick-cooking ideas.

Not sure if you count these two as celebrities but I love their cookbooks and recipes......Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins (of Silver Palate fame), also Jeff Smith (the Frugal Gourmet), Rachel Ray, Bobby Flay and Emeril Lagasse.

Trish

[highlight]Julia Child[/highlight]
As far as the television celebrity chefs go, all the rest stand on her broad shoulders. I remember trying to watch "The French Chef" and and scribble notes at the same time in the days before Beta-max or VCR. (I know y'all think I just make cornbread and grits.)

[highlight]Jeff Smith[/highlight]
Two decades later The Frugal Gourmet brought me a little closer to the present state of affairs.

Then came [highlight]Emeril Lagasse[/highlight] and [highlight]Mario Batali[/highlight]. I can barely watch Emeril anymore but Mario still informs and entertains me.

She's going to have to hang in there a lot longer to be included with the others but, if you're interested in Latin American cooking, I recommend [highlight]Daisy Martinez[/highlight] who has a show called "Daisy Cooks."

Jeff Smith was good until he became involved in that sex scandle with a teenager who worked with him backstage on his show.

There was also another one - Justin Wilson who is from Louisiana, if he's still alive. He used to make great real down-home Southern-style dishes! He had a show on PBS as well!

I also forgot about Wolfgang Puck. He just opened a restaurant at Logan Airport!

~Corey123.

Corey123 said:
There was also another one - Justin Wilson who is from Louisiana, if he's still alive. He used to make great real down-home Southern-style dishes! He had a show on PBS as well!
I'd forgotten about him. Don't think he's among the torch bearers of the genre but I did like his show. How do spell ga-ron-tee? :)

Corey123 said:
Jeff Smith was good until he became involved in that sex scandle with a teenager who worked with him backstage on his show.

That was a shame. I always liked his passion, almost bordering on reverence for the preparation and presentation of his food and its place in our social and familial structure. He was really never heard from again, even though we really know very little of the fact behind the scandal. tsk

Back
Top Bottom