Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
addie, have you seen the miniseries on pbs about john adams? it's excellent, starring paul giamatti and laura linney. i liked it so much i bought it on dvd, which my father "borrowed" shortly thereafter. i hope it's in his will that i get it back because that's probably the only way i'll see it again, lol.

my "day" friday isn't going to end until monday morning. i'm working a double shift today until 3pm, then a doctor's appointment, then cub scouts, then baseball practice, then back to work at 11pm to 8am, then straight to the field for my boy's first baseball game tomorrow, then lunch with dw and my boy, then back to work at 4pm to 8am sunday for another double shift, then go home and sleep for an hour before we go to a strawberry festival sunday, then back to work at 11pm sunday night.

so friday will end sometime on monday when i get home and pass out.

My day is turning out awesome, even if I am not feeling that way - I started out walking 300 meters in the pool (with speed and direction change-ups) and came home to DH making us smoothies for breakfast and informing me to get ready as we are going to the 1 pm showing of the premier of "The Avengers" and then to Nando's for an early dinner and home to watch the final Harry Potter!

My day is turning out awesome, even if I am not feeling that way - I started out walking 300 meters in the pool (with speed and direction change-ups) and came home to DH making us smoothies for breakfast and informing me to get ready as we are going to the 1 pm showing of the premier of "The Avengers" and then to Nando's for an early dinner and home to watch the final Harry Potter!

Sounds like DH is a keeper.

Buckytom, I need a nap after all that. If you feel rested, it will be because I slept for you. And yes I have seen the series on John Adams. ;)

Sounds like DH is a keeper.

Yes he is - our date got cut short. Just after we walked into the theatre, popcorn, drink and 3d glasses in hand (45 minutes before it starts so I can get a suitable seat where I can stretch my leg), he got a call from work (actually his second job where he remains on call at a group home). The assistant manager's Mom is sick and the Dad is in the hospital so DH said he would go in for 5 if she could do the first two hours. He has a heart of gold and while I was looking forward to the rest of the evening, I am can't get mad.

Besides, tomorrow he pays.....following me around IKEA! :LOL:

Yes he is - our date got cut short. Just after we walked into the theatre, popcorn, drink and 3d glasses in hand (45 minutes before it starts so I can get a suitable seat where I can stretch my leg), he got a call from work (actually his second job where he remains on call at a group home). The assistant manager's Mom is sick and the Dad is in the hospital so DH said he would go in for 5 if she could do the first two hours. He has a heart of gold and while I was looking forward to the rest of the evening, I am can't get mad.

Besides, tomorrow he pays.....following me around IKEA! :LOL:

You know LP, I never mention it, but everyone in this building always has something nice to say about me. There are only three of us in the building that has a computer. One is not really computer literate. And the other is in and out of the hospital all the time. So when someone needs information or help with applying for a government program, I am only too happy to help them and print out any forms they may need. I have been able to get more than half of the residents on food stamps. Come recertification time for their yearly residence, I help them get an up-to-date form stating their yearly income from SS. Otherwise, the would have to go to the SS office in the next town. And for some, that would be a hardship.

There are some people that when it comes to giving assistance to others just comes naturally. Your husband and I belong to that group. We do it not looking for accolades, but it is there to be done, so we do it without thinking. You can bet and take comfort in knowing that there are folks who always have nice things to say about him also. :angel:

I was so busy working along, I looked up at the clock and realized I should have clocked out an hour before...the Facility Admin is going to have kittens over that! At least I'm not a clock watcher:angel:

My day has been a tough one. My sinus and gum infections are taking a toll on me and I have to go tomorrow to get a test on my replaced knee to make sure there is no infection there too as it is also very painful. :ermm:
I am sorry to hear about your gum infections, I just got over dry socket & that was way painful too. Hope your knee results turn out to be a good thing.:)

I am sorry to hear about your gum infections, I just got over dry socket & that was way painful too. Hope your knee results turn out to be a good thing.:)
Thanks, simonbaker! It was tough - they take blood tests and then put a needle into the knee area to see if they pull any infection. I will find out the results on Tuesday.

My problem is that I really don't have a lot of pain with the sinus and gum. That (and my Dad) are why I let it go on since January and now am at risk for other infections such as my knee. Because of my chronic pain I don't feel acute pain like others do. I sat in an ER waiting room for 6 hours with a lodged kidney stone the size of a large pea because I wasn't screaming in pain :ermm:. But my pain management clinic is really helping me work through these things and take care of myself better :angel:.

I am glad your dry socket is better. Those can hurt something awful.

(I was trying to figure out where to put this, and decided bringing back this thread would work.....this isn't my sentence, just an explanation! ;))

First my Dad, then my friend's Mom and now my beloved next door neighbour has been taken to hospital with breathing problems and cardiac arrest and it doesn't look good - my day is sad :(.

So sorry, LP! may things look up soon for your Dad, especially. Is it air pollution in the area where he lives, or heart probls? Well, whatever, here's hoping they find some relief, if not a downright cure. Stay strong!

So sorry, LP! may things look up soon for your Dad, especially. Is it air pollution in the area where he lives, or heart probls? Well, whatever, here's hoping they find some relief, if not a downright cure. Stay strong!
Soma, my Dad passed away in March. It was a blessing as he was suffering from many conditions. What I meant was first my Dad passed away, then a friend's mother who I was close too died last week and now my great friend and neighbour is fighting for her life today. I apologize for not being clear. I sometimes think everyone here knows everything ;).

Hope it all turns out for the best. Keeping you in positive thoughts & prayer.

Thanks, Simonbaker. No news yet but she is not doing well. It is just a shock for me because I was over there last night - her daughter is taking all my Dad's bedroom furniture. So it brings up memories of Dad and I was just another funeral on Tuesday. But I am fine.

Take care of yourself! Everyone else needs your strength right now too. I can tell what a strong person you are with all the stuff you went through with your dad. You are a survivor!

My wonderful hubby took me to Costco for a hot dog lunch, and then we had to go across the river in the early evening as I had a breathing test (I am breathing so I guess I passed ;)) and he then took me to our favourite fish and chip place - I ate more today than I have in a week total! :)

We had a rummage sale today. There was alot of other events going on today downtown, plan better next time.

Helped Shrek break out for a ride and ice cream, then I dropped him off, told him I loved him, but I was going home early. (he was yawning more than I was)

Back
Top Bottom