Reputation point?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are the little green boxes for?

Click on FAQ above. It will take you to a slew of answers, including this one:

What is reputation?
Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the reputation icon will be visible in posts.
Reputation may be positive
reputation_pos.gif
, negative
reputation_neg.gif
or neutral
reputation_balance.gif
. Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation does not meet the criteria set by the administrator to affect someone else's reputation.

How do I give reputation?
To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post. This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.
How do I know what reputation I have received?
You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.
How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?
If the administrator has enabled this, the amount of reputation that each user will give (or take away if negative) is shown in the user's posts as 'Reputation Power'. The value of the reputation power is determined by the administrator and may increase over time depending on the settings they have applied.
What if I don't want anyone to see my reputation?
You can disable the display of your reputation by going to your User CP and selecting Edit Options. On this page you will find a check box labelled 'Show Your Reputation Level'. Un-checking this box will remove the display of your reputation and replace it with the Reputation Disabled icon. You can still give and receive reputation while your reputation display is disabled.

how come i only see people with 1 green box, or a full bar of green boxes? never in the middle? same as the red ones

is the only way to get more points to have people click on you?

i think i only have 1 green box, which is apparently equal to 10 points - c'mon people, im sure ive had more good posts than that! ;)

opps, cross-posted with the one above mine - thanks for sharing that, answered most of my questions

but what about the 1box vs full line of boxes questions?

Sometimes all it takes is one person with a lot of karma (oops!) rep points to hit you once and you jump from one bar to a jillion. Be nice to Barbara L or Maidrite and see what happens! ;)

How do I know what reputation I have received?
You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page. Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral. Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown. The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

maybe im being thick, but i still dont see this - i go to my UserCP, but there is nothing about reputation on that page, nor a link for it

right, i can find the FAQ section, where it explains reputation and how to find it...says that if i go to the UserCP section, it will list my most recent reputation at the bottom....however, when i enter my UserCP, there is nothing about the reputation i have received, at the bottom or anywhere else

just had a thought - does everyone start with a small amount of reputation when they register? so maybe its possible i havent received any new reputation, just what i registered with? that would explain why nothing is listed

THERE we go!! looks like i didnt have any rep yet - i get no respect!

(thanks)

this leads me back to my first question - people's rep bars either have only one box, or a bar full of them....no middle ground....sort of a weird system

I think its just that it indicates that person has rep points at all. No one can see how many rep points you have. You can only see your own. We used to be able to see each others points, but Andy removed that a while ago. SOME people were competing to see who could get the most points. :whistling I don't know who would do something like THAT *coughKencough* I know I would never do that. :angel:

THERE we go!! looks like i didnt have any rep yet - i get no respect!

(thanks)

this leads me back to my first question - people's rep bars either have only one box, or a bar full of them....no middle ground....sort of a weird system

Reputation points out of pity still count as reputation pionts. Check your User CP :LOL:

And yes *coughkencough* begged/bribed for reputation points to beat his lovely wife's points. I lived well there for awhile...:neutral:

Reputation points out of pity still count as reputation pionts. Check your User CP :LOL:

And yes *coughkencough* begged/bribed for reputation points to beat his lovely wife's points. I lived well there for awhile...:neutral:

Lol, I didn't have any until yesterday after I posted about not having any ... now I have lotsa ... thanks all :D

Back
Top Bottom