"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #41
Head Chef

There was another one went something like, "Does a ten pound bag of flour make a really big biscuit?" I thought about using it for a DC sig... cuz I can't bake, didn't really know the answer, and would feel prouder than the flour-covered kid in the commercial if I made one that big.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Is that Wilson on your spork, Spork?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:52 PM   #43
Head Chef

yup, nothing gets by you, pacanis!
I thought it also looked orange, sorta scary, appropriate for halloween.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What's funny is I never know what they're advertising!
I've noticed that too. Lots of commercials catch your attention, but don't tell you what they are advertising until the end, and usually have absolutely nothing to do with the video. It's counter productive as I've already hit the mute button, well before the end of the commercial.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #45
Certified Pretend Chef

All the "Peggy" jokes aside. I was quite happy with the recently deleted karma or reputation function and, as a member, see no need for it to be replaced. I've seen the "like" functionality on another forum and don't see it as being better.

It would have been nice if the members were polled for their opinion before the change was made.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

You mean like a democracy?
Give the people what they want?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #47
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
All the "Peggy" jokes aside. I was quite happy with the recently deleted karma or reputation function and, as a member, see no need for it to be replaced. I've seen the "like" functionality on another forum and don't see it as being better.

It would have been nice if the members were polled for their opinion before the change was made.
I never paid any attention to the points, but I did like the fact that you could send a quick private message relating to a post. Those comments are what I miss.
So our karma was deleted, when do we get the new option?
Old 10-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #48
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
I never paid any attention to the points, but I did like the fact that you could send a quick private message relating to a post. Those comments are what I miss.
So our karma was deleted, when do we get the new option?
These two comments pretty much cover my feelings on the matter. The points never mattered much to me. (Except as a joke between Ken and I) I really do miss reading the comments left for me by folks who might otherwise not interact with me much on the boards. I also miss leaving a little note that I appreciated someone's comment.

When does the new stuff happen? I know sometimes there are issues with rolling out new stuff.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

It happened pretty seemlessly at another forum I am on. They enacted the Like feature with an auto save feature. If the forum was down at all, nobody said anything. When they added both of those things they also enabled, or maybe it was part of the package, a pain in the butt thing that asks you if you are sure you want to navigate away from the page you are on when you hit the back button.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #50
Everymom

Glad to have this up and running. Its quicker and easier to find than the old rep button. It still accumulates points? Is there going to be a trade in value for those?

Closed Thread