ISO apple salad recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i saw this in one of my cookbooks and now i cannot find the right recipe. it contains granny smiths and red apples, mayo, cinnamon, walnuts and i can't think of what else.
any ideas? thanks.:)

Not sure if it's the right one, but my Grandma always made one like this (never wrote it down)

Grandma's Apple Salad
green apples, cubed
red apples, cubed
banana slices, soaked in lemon juice
celery, chopped
sugared dates (the little pieces)
mini marshmallows
pecans or walnuts
marischino cherries

Mix together and add dressing

Dressing was sort of a concoction of sour cream, granulated sugar and mayo with some of the marischino cherry juice added for pinkness.
(you could also add the cinnamon)

luvs_food said:
i saw this in one of my cookbooks and now i cannot find the right recipe. it contains granny smiths and red apples, mayo, cinnamon, walnuts and i can't think of what else.
any ideas? thanks.:)

It sounds like a variation of a Waldorf Salad that has cinnamon added to it. Google "waldorf salad recipe" and you'll turn up a ton of different ones.

Like this?

Cinnamon Apple Salad
4 apples, peeled and sliced
1 c water
1/2 c red cinnamon candies (like Red Hots)
Belgian Endive leaves
1 tb lemon juice
3 oz cream cheese, softened
Chopped walnuts

1.In a saucepan, combine apples, water and cinnamon candies. Heat to boiling and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until apples are tender (stirring occasionally). Cool and chill.
2.To serve, drain apple slices and arrange on endive leaves. Combine lemon juice and cream cheese; beat until smooth. Spoon over apples; garnish with walnuts.

thanks for the replies, guys!
jkath and kansas, yours sound better than the one i was looking for.:)
i needed a good recipe to take to summer picnics. maybe i'll make both for the next picnic.

Back
Top Bottom