Melon in mint syrup rec:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Imaking this sunday for the second time...It is so cool and refreshing...
Make a simple syrup adding mint leaves..cook til the leaves wilt..I use about 2 cups water 1-c. sugar but you could halve the recipe for less. I use 1 cup of mint leaves packed into the cup.When finished wilting the mint, strain the mix to remove the leaves then cool and then pour over you melon slices, refrigerate til nice and cold...enjoy---DH likes to put some in a bowl and top with vanilla ice cream:)
kadesma

Oh I just love this recipe. I usually do simple syrup with cayenne and lime zest over melon, but the fresh mint makes so much more sense. I was actually going to do the cayenne/lime for the Fourth, but I am going to use your Fresh Mint variation instead now. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Thank you Jill,
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
kadesma:)

Melons with Ginger Syrup from Fine Cooking is another great recipe!

Yes, a popular combination is a Melon Mojito- just add some cantaloupe or watermelon to the glass when you muddle.

I don't like things floating around in my glass ;)
Rather just soak melon balls (that word combo has an adult rated quality to it) in a good liquor.

Update-

For the fourth of July I combined my recipe with yours, kadesma. I infused the simple syrup with fresh mint while it was warm, and ten sprinkled in some cayenne and lime zest with afew drops of lime juice. It was a real hit. People were addicted to the fruit tray. Thanks for the FRESH idea!

Update-

For the fourth of July I combined my recipe with yours, kadesma. I infused the simple syrup with fresh mint while it was warm, and ten sprinkled in some cayenne and lime zest with afew drops of lime juice. It was a real hit. People were addicted to the fruit tray. Thanks for the FRESH idea!
Thank you for letting me know you tried the recipe..I'm happy it worked well for you. Now it's my turn to try your idea. Thanks again
kades:)

Back
Top Bottom