"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cooking Resources > Terms & Techniques

Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Chicken legs recipe!

HELLO! I will cook chicken legs to feed the homeless this Thanksgiving, the recipe that i followed was marinate chicken legs with Salt and Chili, left it over night, then dip them in melt butter mixed with honey, after that we roast them in oven, every 15 mins, i turn them over and lay butter and honey on them. I don't say it tastes bad but i'm not happy with the result. Can someone please! give me any advise or recipe for this dish!

Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Master Chef

First of all, explore turkey legs. They are generally cheaper.

You can marinate them overnight but then just rub a little butter or oil on them and roast them on a rack until they come to 165 degrees and then let them rest.

I'd not use anything sugary because it can burn.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
Executive Chef

myvu, are you asking for a new chicken recipe? to me, it's not at all clear what your existing recipe is for the chicken you have been making. your volunteer work is a good thing you are doing. i'm sure it's much appreciated.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
myvu, are you asking for a new chicken recipe? to me, it's not at all clear what your existing recipe is for the chicken you have been making. your volunteer work is a good thing you are doing. i'm sure it's much appreciated.

+1, on all accounts. Thanks for helping those in need.

From the info you provide, it sounds very honey heavy. . .not a bad thing I guess, but there are a million and six different ways you can go with chicken legs.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
+1, on all accounts. Thanks for helping those in need.

From the info you provide, it sounds very honey heavy. . .not a bad thing I guess, but there are a million and six different ways you can go with chicken legs.
A million seven. I just heard another one!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Thanks for all advise! I don't mean about new recipe but about what type of spices should I add when I marinated them. This is Thanksgiving! And i really want Homeless people feel love through our food.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvu94 View Post
Thanks for all advise! I don't mean about new recipe but about what type of spices should I add when I marinated them. This is Thanksgiving! And i really want Homeless people feel love through our food.
May I say thank you for your work, when I had two good legs I cooked in shelters over the Xmas holiday and I miss it.I applaud you for wanting to make it special, for me the "love" aspect was that the team I worked with over the three days would sit eat and listen. In my eyes as an atheist you show the true Christian ethos.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by myvu94 View Post
A full belly is the way to a happy person!

Congrats to you on doing something so good!

I hope it gives you that wonderful warm feeling in your heart that only kindness will provide!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #9
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Lots of fresh thyme, and sage. Marinate the legs in a nice mix of apple cider, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and garlic. You can still do honey too. Sage and thyme really "taste" like the holidays, imo.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Lots of fresh thyme, and sage. Marinate the legs in a nice mix of apple cider, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and garlic. You can still do honey too. Sage and thyme really "taste" like the holidays, imo.

sounds like a winner--a lively, aromatic combination of flavors, fit for a royal table!!

(i'm snagging this one for myself, tatt)

Tags
chicken, recipe