I give to you... Fish Fatty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't actually roll it in crumbs though. That might help it crust up.
Definitely adding more crumbs and egg next time though.

How about using nori.... sushi wrap... around the outside, with some kitchen twine
wrapped around it all?

I think it still would need firmed up, GF. I really think extra bread crumbs is the key, something to absorb the moisture.
If you have the stuff though, give it a try and let us know.

I think it still would need firmed up, GF. I really think extra bread crumbs is the key, something to absorb the moisture.
If you have the stuff though, give it a try and let us know.
You should give these a try:

Dried shrimp - 3 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Dried shrimp - 3 oz
Price:$5.89
In Stock.

Product Description

Small, sun dried shrimps are used as in various Thai recipes, most notably Miang Kham, Pad Thai and Green Mango with Sweet Fish Sauce. Store in a cool dry place. For certain recipes, you should soak in hot water for 15 minutes before using. Approximately 400 small dried shrimp per 4 oz package. Ingredients: shrimp, salt, artificial color. Product of Taiwan.

Attachments

• 51Q-tD4UrFL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51Q-tD4UrFL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 90
hmmm... maybe those would work without soaking... maybe they would help absorb the moister from the salmon as they reconstitute.
You have given me an idea, for good or for bad ;^)

hmmm... maybe those would work without soaking... maybe they would help absorb the moister from the salmon as they reconstitute.
You have given me an idea, for good or for bad ;^)
Yes I think they would help with the moisture problem.

TVP would help as well, but would need to be used sparingly to avoid altering the flavor of your fattie. Other, fairly neutral binders include qinoa, farina, steel cut oats, barley, raw egg, and cracker crumbs. I like using farina as a binder because it is so bland and doesn't change the flavor of the food very much.

TVP takes on the texture of the fat granules in breakfast sausage, and also absorbs flavor from what it's cooked with. But it does add an unpleasant flavor if too much is used.

Hope this helps.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

TVP would help as well, but would need to be used sparingly to avoid altering the flavor of your fattie. Other, fairly neutral binders include qinoa, farina, steel cut oats, barley, raw egg, and cracker crumbs. I like using farina as a binder because it is so bland and doesn't change the flavor of the food very much.

TVP takes on the texture of the fat granules in breakfast sausage, and also absorbs flavor from what it's cooked with. But it does add an unpleasant flavor if too much is used.

Hope this helps.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It will help if you tell me what TVP is (stands for) :LOL:

Key ingredient in concrete and pool cleaner. Oh, wait, that's TSP. Probably wouldn't taste as good.

Last edited:
Tri Sodium Phosphate. Now that acronym I know :LOL:

And Andy, did you just have a Rachel Ray moment? :ermm:

TVPstands for textured vegetable protein, and is similar to gluten and is made from soy beans. It has a texture very similar to chicken and can be purchased granulated and in bite-sized chunks. It's used as a nutritious filler in the convenience store burritoes, mixed in with ground beef, in chili, and other such applications. To much and it will alter the flavor of what you're cooking. But it will help bind foods and add texture and nutrition to the foods it's added to. Some people love using it, and some hate the stuff. You have to just try it and see if you like it.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thatnks for the definition, GW, you saved me from Googling it.
Where is it generally found in the supermarket?

Back
Top Bottom