Muffin Tin Thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
I posted these in the dinner thread last weekend and totally forgot to put them here. Got the recipe and method from Myron Mixon's book. He calls them cupcake thighs, I call them fantastic! I did these on the Egg.

37240-albums1042-picture6457.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a link to the recipe and method. I used the recipes for the rub and sauces from the book as the others beginning with "Jack's Old South" are purchase only. I also used throw away foil pans. The cupcake pans (2) and the baking pan had to be modified to fit my BGE.

Myron Mixon’s World-Famous Cupcake Chicken recipe | Epicurious.com

Basic Chicken Rub, Basic Vinegar Sauce and Basic Hickory Sauce

Now that these will be a part of future entertaining, I may use the silicon ones he uses or buy a bake ware type metal pan.

I made it a point to go to Bass Proshops and buy more seedless blackberry preserves this past weekend. These were probably some of the BEST chicken I have ever had and I want more!

Craig/Joey,

Sorry more questions. How big of a hole goes in the muffin pan? Assuming the stock will seep up into the muffin pan?

Joey - do you use boneless/skinless thighs?

Hal

Since I used disposable, aluminum muffin/cupcake pans, I used a pairing knife to punch slits in the bottom of the "cups".

Craig/Joey,

Sorry more questions. How big of a hole goes in the muffin pan? Assuming the stock will seep up into the muffin pan?

Joey - do you use boneless/skinless thighs?

Hal

I drill 5/16" holes in the pan. No I bone out skinned thighs, sometimes I peel the skin and scrap away the fat, then place the skin back on the thigh.

Back
Top Bottom