Brenda's Pecan Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbarainnc

Senior Cook
This pie doesn't use corn syrup and is firm, not liquidity and soft like other recipes.Yes it has cornmeal, but you don't taste it. This is the only Pecan Pie I make. :) :) :)

Brenda's Pecan Pie

1 box light brown sugar

1 stick of margarine,melted

4 eggs

2 Tablespoons of yellow cornmeal, plain not self-
rising

2 Tablespoons water

1 Tablespoon vanilla

1 teaspoon of salt

2 cups chopped pecans

2 regular frozen pie shells, unbaked

Mix everything in a bowl and divide between the 2 pie shells. I put the pies on a sheet pan and baked them at 325* for 45 min. Let cool.

Barbara, I'm reading as fast as you are posting. WOW! Thanks for all the wonderful recipes you are putting on here! Are they all TNT? They look like it.

Alix, all TNT

All of the recipes are TNT. I'm a FACS Teacher, and teach Foods 1. We go back to school tomorrow. It has been a nice break!!!!!

Barbara, What is FACS? I thought they must be TNT, they look too good not to be.

And we have another teacher from NC named Barbara...You guys should meet!

FACS stands for Family and Consumer Science. It used to be called Home Economics way back when!!! This will start my 29th year!!! Love to cook and try new recipes!!!!

Barbarainnc,

Your pecan pie is almost identical to the one that I make. I do not use corn syrup either. I also make pecan pie that uses buttermilk in it and no corn syrup. It is very good too.

Now I want some pie...

I've never tried one w/o corn syrup but I copying this to give it a try. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom