Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK I did it, my 1st batch of banana muffins were a lil dark, 2nd batch I added choc chips to tops & pushed down then put my circle parchment paper on top, came out good. 3rd & 4th batches I put mix in cupcake liners cut down sides and used the parchment paper on top. These were a big hit with my twin sons & hubby. YEAH lol. Now to figure out how to add pic lol. Guess have to get my photobucket account on this new comp and add pics from there?

Congratulations!!

It takes a little practice to get it exactly how you want it. You should have seen my first few. Lost every other top to the pies. They were a mess.:huh:

To get the pics here after they are loaded onto your comp. Just upload from that file to Photo bucket. Copy the image from their and paste over here.

Munky.

Thanks, yes brought photobucket back up and did from there and then edited my post with the pic. Can't wait til I have more ingredients in house to make pies like quiche, chicken pot pies etc. Hubby said to kids, not sure what dinner is but we have banana choc chip muffins lol. Off to make dinner now. Have a good evening all !

HAHAA! I knew you'd join the cult. Welcome aboard!

So, really now. Was it the no Union Dues or Pandora that sucked you in? :ROFLMAO:
Oh, now you've really got to try making Spanish Tortilla's in this bad boy. Absolutely awesome. Hubby got a few put in his lunch a few weeks ago. He loved it.

Munky.

Actually, it was because I went back and read the entire thread. After several of the recipes, I decided to get one!

Were do I get my orange robe? Do I have to sell incense at the airport now?

HAHAA! I knew you'd join the cult. Welcome aboard!

So, really now. Was it the no Union Dues or Pandora that sucked you in? :ROFLMAO:
Oh, now you've really got to try making Spanish Tortilla's in this bad boy. Absolutely awesome. Hubby got a few put in his lunch a few weeks ago. He loved it.

Munky.

Arrrghh!!! You better tell me about the Spanish Tortillas....

OK I did it, my 1st batch of banana muffins were a lil dark, 2nd batch I added choc chips to tops & pushed down then put my circle parchment paper on top, came out good. 3rd & 4th batches I put mix in cupcake liners cut down sides and used the parchment paper on top. These were a big hit with my twin sons & hubby. YEAH lol.

Those muffins are spectacular!!!

Great job!

Pizza Pies

Ok I am experimenting with pizza pies, ground up a lil hamburger meat then chopped smaller in my lil chopper, chopped up onions, cut up pepperoni, & had mozz cheese. Mixed all together in bowl with sauce from pizza we had the other nite. I cut out circles of parchment paper and put under the bottom crust and when bottom crust pushed into mold it worked then added mix, added top crust and top parchment paper. Now this will either be yummy and nice looking or a flop. We will know in a few mins. If come out great will post pics. My twins are waiting impatiently lol.

Pizza Pies a Success

OK I posted above my recipe for my pizza pies, no measuring just adding ingredients. Here are some pics. They were a Big Success!! :yum:
img_1089127_0_f722bfaf6ae44411df307cace78f1aaf.jpg

Crisco Pie Crust

(I baked the Pizza Pies in above post for 10 mins)

This is the recipe I used for my crusts:

Crisco Pie Crust
2 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Crisco Buttered Flavored Shortening
6-10 tablespoons ice cold water (I used 10)

Blend flour & salt
Add Crisco Buttered Flavored Shortening, mix with mixer until crumbly
Add 5 tablespoons water and use fork to push mix together, then add more
lil at a time until dough right consistency.

(I put in refrig while I was making mix then took out, rolled out and made my
bottom & top crust pieces)

here is link to site I got this from:
Classic Crisco Pie Crust

Last edited:
Just got the notice in my email, that my pie maker, cookbook and pie lifter are on the way!

Just a few more days and I can start making those beautiful little pies you are all turning out!

I can't wait!

Just got the notice in my email, that my pie maker, cookbook and pie lifter are on the way!

Just a few more days and I can start making those beautiful little pies you are all turning out!
I can't wait!

Let me know when it arrives. I will be there for supper. :yum:

Egg & Sausage Pies

Got the recipe off forum not sure which page, but I used venison sausage & not bacon. Was worried about putting egg mixture in there but they cooked thru. I baked for 10 mins. My family is loving this new toy of mine lol

(Smaller ones to left 1st batch, ones to rite bigger 2nd batch.)

img_1089444_0_a6e75ab8d912833ed7fcb67a05791351.jpg

Did I scare everyone away? Me and my posts huh lol.

Only thing with using the Crisco Buttered Flavor Shortening for making crust is you see the oil/butter come off the crust or under the bottom in pan, I just dab up afterwards. Will try other crusts on next use. I have to get more ingredients lol.

Did I scare everyone away? Me and my posts huh lol.

Only thing with using the Crisco Buttered Flavor Shortening for making crust is you see the oil/butter come off the crust or under the bottom in pan, I just dab up afterwards. Will try other crusts on next use. I have to get more ingredients lol.

Not scared away...just have to do the day job thing to pay for my pie ingredients.

Been reading this thread lately...I might have to think about getting a pie maker for myself. Sounds like you can make just about anything. It reminds me of the way we use the camper pie (sometimes called hobo pie)makers on camping trips.

Back
Top Bottom