Breville's Personal Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried to find a BB&B today in San Antonio. I was unsuccessful. Maybe I will hop another bus tomorrow and find one...I did buy another suitcase so I have room for it...but, I'm probably going to swing through CT on my way back to Ontario--have to pick up the Volvo--the van died right before I left, so I need to bring the Volvo back before I planned in June--either that, or I'll be hitchhiking...wonder if the MS would stop for me? I know where the BB&B is near where my BGF lives. And, I know where the W&S is in Syracuse....but, I still hope I can convince my mom to let me use her credit card and order it online for my b'day present when I get to MN.

Tried to find a BB&B today in San Antonio. I was unsuccessful. Maybe I will hop another bus tomorrow and find one...I did buy another suitcase so I have room for it...but, I'm probably going to swing through CT on my way back to Ontario--have to pick up the Volvo--the van died right before I left, so I need to bring the Volvo back before I planned in June--either that, or I'll be hitchhiking...wonder if the MS would stop for me? I know where the BB&B is near where my BGF lives. And, I know where the W&S is in Syracuse....but, I still hope I can convince my mom to let me use her credit card and order it online for my b'day present when I get to MN.

Is there a hotel near you? Go in and ask the conciergerie if he has a list of B&B's. He won't know if you are a guest or not. And if he is smart, he won't ask. He would want you to remember how helpful he was and you would come back as a guest. :chef:

I looked bbb up for you there is one in the alamo quarry shopping center
255 east basse rd phone # 210 826-6719
Robin

Spanish Tortilla's

Aren't you guys looking a little bored? No wait! That's me!:LOL:

Here's another quicky recipe for ya'll. I cheated a smidge on this one. But hey aren't all quickies? :D

Spanish Tortilla

1 Large baked potato- Cooled, skinned, sliced.
1/2 Yellow onion- sliced thin
6 Large eggs - beaten
Kosher salt,fresh ground black pepper
Bacon grease

Preheat the pie maker
In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add salt and pepper.

Slice up the baked potato, add it to the egg mixture. Fold it in gently.
Soak it for 10 minutes.

Add 1/2 teaspoon of bacon grease to each section.

Add a few pinches of the sliced onions, enough to cover the bottom. Close and let them cook until soft 5 minutes. Longer if you prefer them to be caramelized.

Take the egg, potato mix, and spoon a few potatoes into the bottom. Even layer. It's ok if they break. Expect a few to..

Go back and pour in just the egg mix. Fill it to just about to the top. Close and lock.

Cook 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how dark you prefer your tortilla.

img_1102653_0_7cff9c1a1cb7e29e14f4ef9f201f39fb.jpg

img_1102653_1_5f2508c82ec0275f406dd6a4af191536.jpg

img_1102653_2_2c66ceb7f61827acbfe316073cce0227.jpg

img_1102653_3_13bae82ae35ccc202415ea2b30250328.jpg

Aren't you guys looking a little bored? No wait! That's me!:LOL:

Here's another quicky recipe for ya'll. I cheated a smidge on this one. But hey aren't all quickies? :D

Spanish Tortilla

1 Large baked potato- Cooled, skinned, sliced.
1/2 Yellow onion- sliced thin
6 Large eggs - beaten
Kosher salt,fresh ground black pepper
Bacon grease

Preheat the pie maker
In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add salt and pepper.

Slice up the baked potato, add it to the egg mixture. Fold it in gently.
Soak it for 10 minutes.

Add 1/2 teaspoon of bacon grease to each section.

Add a few pinches of the sliced onions, enough to cover the bottom. Close and let them cook until soft 5 minutes. Longer if you prefer them to be caramelized.

Take the egg, potato mix, and spoon a few potatoes into the bottom. Even layer. It's ok if they break. Expect a few to..

Go back and pour in just the egg mix. Fill it to just about to the top. Close and lock.

Cook 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how dark you prefer your tortilla.

img_1102658_0_7cff9c1a1cb7e29e14f4ef9f201f39fb.jpg

img_1102658_1_5f2508c82ec0275f406dd6a4af191536.jpg

img_1102658_2_2c66ceb7f61827acbfe316073cce0227.jpg

img_1102658_3_13bae82ae35ccc202415ea2b30250328.jpg

I'm so making these!!!

Thanks, Munky!!!

It looks like you sliced the cooked potato pretty thin. When you mixed it with the egg, did they break up into little pieces?

Tim,

Very few did. Mostly it was the end pieces. It won't matter once the eggs are poured over the top. Not even noticeable.

You could always steam the sliced potatoes. But hey, I saw that potato looking at me like "what are you going to do with me smart gurl?" Make my lunch! anything else? :LOL:

Munky.

Tim,

Very few did. Mostly it was the end pieces. It won't matter once the eggs are poured over the top. Not even noticeable.

You could always steam the sliced potatoes. But hey, I saw that potato looking at me like "what are you going to do with me smart gurl?" Make my lunch! anything else? :LOL:

Munky.

That is a smart use of your pie maker! Thanks for the recipe and the clarification.

A friend makes a bacon pie crust. I can't wait until she remembers to send it to me.

Just popping in to say HI everyone. I made 28 turkey pot pies today, I got 17 left. The twins & hubby ate alot huh, oh I did have 2. I had left over turkey which I froze, 2 cans turkey gravy and 2 cans mixed veggies. heated on stove, cooled and made my crust and I went to town baking lol. Tomorrow getting ingredients for the taco pies and calzone ones. I will do some fruit ones for me. Hope everyone is doing well and will check back with you all tomorrow. Have a good nite!!

28 Turkey pot pies??? Good job!

We made some more curried beef, used crescent roll dough...a little oily but sure tasted good.

I am no longer a Pie maker cult stalker! The mothership landed and brought me one. I won't be able to try it until I get back to SE Ontario next week...but I've read the manual cover-to-cover! Gosh, to think I hate being part of a club...I guess I just haven't joined the right clubs in the past.

I am no longer a Pie maker cult stalker! The mothership landed and brought me one. I won't be able to try it until I get back to SE Ontario next week...but I've read the manual cover-to-cover! Gosh, to think I hate being part of a club...I guess I just haven't joined the right clubs in the past.

OoO yay! I can't wait to see what you make. :chef:

Well finally!!!... Thought you'd never get here. :LOL:
We will miss your stalking ways. :ROFLMAO:

Kind of funny people would invite me to join clubs, certain churches. I refused them all. Figured that if they wanted me in it, they weren't all that. Now look at me. First chance I got I joined a Pie Cult. :D

Ready to cut your trip short?
Did you see Bola's Pork Pie post? Ohhhh my. Going to have to try that one.

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom